Dodgy looking kids

Has anyone else noticed the return of the skangerish kids hanging around both the Spar entrance and the main gates? :mad:

I know this is kind of elitist but I don't really like the look of them.

derekt

i think your right,and they seem to pass comments when you walk by them and also scatter there litter:mad:

derekt

derekt said:
i think your right,and they seem to pass comments when you walk by them and also scatter there litter:mad:
.we are always having problems with them and when we approach them they get smart

D&G

If they are the blonde haired brats I'm fairly sure they have some association with either Kellys newsagents or Kellys Veg shop. Kicked 2 of them out of the carpark last summer. They think its their god given right to go where they like and do what they like, little angels:mad:

derekt

ithere does be a group of about 7 and a coyple of girls mixed in with them.laurences grove has flower pots and there starting to pull the flowers outta them.they should be takin in by the guards and be given a clip around the ear

Open Window

I am also a resident of Chappo and I have to say this is one of the most brain dead conversations/posts I have ever come across, I have lived here over 5 years and I have to say living in the Island (more like a prison) and not getting to know the locals and such will only see your FEAR rising, kids with bangers... you seem to be suffeirng from the early stages of siege mentality.. come we are almost at haloween, what do you expect, what did you do at haloween eh.... dodgy looking kids, dodgy looking kids don't take political bribes and cause rampant planning corruption alowing firms like Danniger to build little poxy boxes all over the city including eh the island.... ah lads!

D&G

If you had a problem with Danniger then why are you living in one of their "poxy little boxes". Halloween does not start in August/Sept and i'm assuming your car was not broken into or your apartment ransacked which has resulted in a big cost in hiring security to keep undesirables of our property. All locals are welcome on the Island as long as they dont intimidate, litter, loiter or cause a nuisance. The kids the posts relate to do all of the aforementioned.

derekt

most of us never went in to private estates to let of bangers and intimate the residents.kids now days are getting away with murder and when the guards are contacted they dont give two sugars

derekt

:( only recently an attempt was made to puta banger on my car,but only for they where spotted serious damage would've been cost to my car.the likes of this is uncalled for

Dots

Dodgy Kids

These dodgy looking kids you refer to have destroyed all the planting in the area, the sit on the window of the chemist just hanging out and as a result has trampld down all the plants, litter the area and now I notice some grafitti!We need to get the Management Company to erect railings around the flower bed.

derekt

they've done the same in the grove.they've kisked the shrubs.also theres a stone and graffiti has been written on it.they order pizzas and theres a bin close by them and they just throw the boxes on the ground

Open Window said:
I am also a resident of Chappo and I have to say this is one of the most brain dead conversations/posts I have ever come across, I have lived here over 5 years and I have to say living in the Island (more like a prison) and not getting to know the locals and such will only see your FEAR rising, kids with bangers... you seem to be suffeirng from the early stages of siege mentality.. come we are almost at haloween, what do you expect, what did you do at haloween eh.... dodgy looking kids, dodgy looking kids don't take political bribes and cause rampant planning corruption alowing firms like Danniger to build little poxy boxes all over the city including eh the island.... ah lads!
The same kids asked me to buy them booze in the Spar, and when I refused, they started to call me names. I threatened to shove my wine bottle up their arse, and they shut up.

So, no, I'm not afraid of them, I just think if you have to spend lots of money on management fees, mortages etc, the least you can expect is the skangers are kept out. I could live in Ballyer and have a lot more spare cash.

You're brain dead.

derekt

you shoul contact the security company directly and make a complaint to them.i seldom see the security man around but see a security van more often

D&G

I wouldn't bother contacting the security Co. There is no guarantee that you would get someone in charge. I recommend contacting R/F Property Management. They write the cheques and they're responsible for hiring security. You can email them at info@rfpropertymanagement.ie.

When you say you saw some teenagers drinking in the carpark did you mean actually inside the underground carpark or just outside it. The reason I ask is that my car was broken into down there a couple of years back (when there was no security onsite) and this needs to be nipped in the bud. I have no problem telling security to move undesirables on and everyone else needs to tell em too. Security are nearly always in the hut by the electric gates when on duty. If he is not there, they are patrolling the grounds.

maltingman

security issues

hi there I dont actually live in The Island/ Weir, however I live in the Maltings down near Thomas Street and have done for about two years. As far as I know we have the same property management company and I noticed in your general discussion forum and it all seems to be about security dating back as far as 2years ago I think. why has nothing been done about the security measures? Our apartments are based in a dodgey area and to be honest I never see our security guard nor patrol van and we constantly have problems down here but nobody seems to mention it to the property company. Also we are paying alot of money for these places wether it be mortgage or rent its not cheap. Our security was cut back I think it used to be 12hours or maybe ten and now i think its down to 8hours from 20:00-0400hrs. If I am not mistaken "Securazone" charge 14euro an hour AT LEAST per guard but if we get a cheaper company of say 13euro (which isnt hard) an hour if they calculate the costs we should be able to get our 10hour security back and have that peace of mind. I am a young girl and live with another girl and having a more reliable company around proper hours would be great... I am not happy with the current setup. I work in Clarkes shoes henry street and our security company is really great and reliable and they charge clarkes only 13euro an hour....