Dampness problem - I'm thinking of buying Shelbourne Park Mews

Ms B

Hi all

I'm hoping you can advise me. I am thinking of buying an apartment in Shelbourne Park Mews. I noticed a strong smell of dampness in the building. Im hoping this is just a problem within the apartment I am looking at, which I will hopefully be able to fix or is it a problem within the whole building? Can any of you advise if you have experienced problems with dampness in the building? Also would you advise me to buy?

Thanks

Mary53

Hi I too was looking at this apartment. Extreme case of dampness which someone tried to cover on inside walls ... very badly I must say. and especially behind the TV. Did you notice the dampness running down practically each corner of the internal walls. It is caused by the roof garden over the apartment and being a flat roof it is water logged. So I dont really know who would be responsible for fixing the roof, also on inspecting the complete blocks of apartments I noticed a lot of cracks on the outside which have been cemented over. I am declining as there would be too many problems with dampness and also I cant afford to risk my health due to sickness caused by dampness. No way is this apartment worth 95K as far as I can figure.

Mary53

Thanks for reply. Yes, I thought that apartment was really bad with dampness, wouldn't touch it, but its a terrible pity because it is a lovely bright apartment and I really liked it. I am beginning to think that these auctions are some sort of hoax, no way is the apartment worth the reserve set.
I was so disappointed when I viewed it. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.:)