Cracks in Walls

GStar1

Hi all,
Not sure if many residents use this thingy as just signed up myself today, I live in Citygate, and was in with my Neighbour's whom is also a friend of mine and between the two of our house's we've notices lots of cracks which have appeared in our walls doorframes etc. We both live in a duplex and the issue seems to be on the top floor of our duplex. Mine aren't that bad but they are there but my neighbours appear to be quite bad. I'm wondering has anyone else noticed anything like this in their homes as would hate to think it was something like Pyrite levels in the foundations causing this to happen which has been an ongoing issue ina number of new estates see article http://www.fingal-independent.ie/news/agreement-reached-over-drynam-pyrite-fund-2511418.html.

It could be just settling cracks with are expected with house's but we are here 5 years now so it has raised a little concern. We both have friends who have lived i Drynam and have been effected by this so was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this??

quaidox

i am over in cityside phase 2 and have the same problems in the top floor of the house. dolminack are dissolved, and LM are in receivership, so you won't get any help there. you need to get on to homebond. i have one of their inspectors calling to inspect the place at the end of june.

GStar1

Hiya, thanks for that I had head the builders had gone into Receivership so there will be no look there. Will get on to homebond asap.

quaidox

mr homebond has been and gone, and has given the house the all clear, and says the cracks are due to shoddy workmanship and settling, and would need to be replastered to get em back to looking good again.