Cracks in houses

dublinnorth_Mmc

Anyone seeing any cracks starting to appear in their houses? We are seeing loads of cracks on internal walls here in our house on the crescent.

Wondering was anyone else having same prob or just us?

Are the houses under any 10 year warranty or anything with ballygowan? Anyone know?

turboo

Cracks

Anyone seeing any cracks starting to appear in their houses? We are seeing loads of cracks on internal walls here in our house on the crescent.

Wondering was anyone else having same prob or just us?

Are the houses under any 10 year warranty or anything with ballygowan? Anyone know?
You could contact fingalcoco or orla@bgd.ie.Yes there would some sort of warranty on your home.

The Mentor

how old is your property? could they be settling cracks? settling cracks are not normally covered under home bond only major structural issues.

The Mentor

normally settling cracks happen within the first 12 months of construction as the weight of the property settles down on the soil etc there can be some shifting but they are normally only small cracks.

if they're big it may be a case of contacting homebond, are any neighbours having the same problem?

is there an issue in your estate with pyrite like Drynam Hall and so on had in the last 12 months

dublinnorth_Mmc

Well it's well over the 12 months old.

There is one hairline crack going up the wall on the stairs.

There is quite a wide crack under the windowsill in a bedroom upstairs..

The ones that are really bothering us are the ones that are like nails or something in the plasterboard? The plaster and paint seems to be just nearly ready to come off the wall, where the nails were... at equal distances all the way up the wall....

Any further ideas/comments?

Thanks for all so far...

doylie

cracks

Hi all,
I'm on the Crescent too - I have one crack going up the wall on the stairs - I had a friend look at it and he says it's just the plaster -not structural - I will be keeping an eye on it and if it gets any worse I will get on to Fingal (who will probably refer me to Ballygowan..)
Doylie