Courtyard

dublin8_SarahH

Moderator (The Maltings)
how do people feel about the courtyard? Personally I think it's very well maintained and looks lovely but it's not the most user friendly spot, would be nice to have a picnic table or playground for the kids.

Ivan

I don't think it would be a good idea to have a playground for the kids. the noise of them in the Summer is bad enough. The Phoenix Park is just up the road, parents should take their kids there.

dublin8_SarahH

Moderator (The Maltings)
playground

Don't you think that's hard on the parents? People in houses aren't expected to keep their kids in indoors while the make dinner etc.

Ivan

No, not at all,. It's supposed to be a garden for the adults to enjoy, not a playground. The roars and screams of the kids in the summer is unreal.

Blah

I can see both points here, but would err on the side of the adults at this time.

I think a compromise could be reached, if the parents involved encouraged their children to show a little more restraint when in the Common areas, and therefore allowing everyone to exercise their entitlement of enjoying their place of residence without the constant torture of children yelling all day long at glass shattering volumes.

dublin8_SarahH

Moderator (The Maltings)
courtyard v.s playground

that seems a reasonable compromise. I can't see how the courtyard is for adults only, surely it's for all residents but living so close together we need consideration as well as give and take.