Clamping Belfry hall Citywest

Mervin

Hi
Does anyone understand the situation of the introduction of clamping in the belfry hall complex. Besides the fact that we are entitled to one car park space per appartment, no mention was given at the time of purchase that the was to be clamping introduced to this private residence. Where are vistors to park if they refuse to pay the fee out on the road in front of the houses. If so that is ok once its free, Will the under ground be free of clamping as that is a private car park owned by each residence.
Do the workers in the cocoon have to pay for parking as not living here.
Its just 1 easy way of the management to get habdy money before they raise up the cost each year,

M&S

Hi Mervin,

Clamping in Belfry Hall has been in ongoing discussion since the start of the year. it was brought up many times at residents meetings and agreed by those who attended the AGM in July.

M&S

If it aint broke - dont try to fix it. Im living here 3 years, never seen or heard of parking problems.

I think it was a mistake in agreeing one space per apartment and having to pay €80pa for a second space. It should have been agreed second space free.

It annoys me we cant get digigate sorted but can agree to EXTRA costs for residents.

Amazing how quickly those ugly new signs went up for clamping but took us 3 years to get a sign showing the apartment blocks.???

Mervin has a point - what is the story with the underground carpark? NCP should not even be allowed in there. Its a private car park that requires fob access. There is no need to have NCP police it.

Some might say on a positive note that this may force owners who dont pay a management fee to pay it. As they wont be entitled to a space. However I doubt it.

And Im sure we are all aware how ruthless NCP are. When a family member pops up for a quick visit and returns to there car been clamped and an insanely high €120 release fee. Tell me then how this is helping our community.

There was NO problem with parking. However - now one has been created - a big one.

murphy 1

Clamping was agreed at the management meetings. Eveyone though it was a good idea. What wasn't brough up was the additional charge of €80.00 for parking a second car which is totally unfair. Why should apartments with 2 cars be punished because of those parking illegally.
I have never once seen this car park full with cars, there are always plenty of spaces. How can they justify this extra cost? The management fees are ridiculously high as it is. If the Managament company can introduce this extra charge who know what else they will bring in.
Do they not realise that people are really struggling to make ends meat.

DDD

This is uncalled for! Clamping! Making problems when there isn't any. For one the letter was badly written that we received of odpm
Didnt explain if this ment underground to,underground is our own private carpark accessed by fob so hopefully this will not be clamped, some months it's a toss up to pay the mortgage or management fees! Do they not realize the stress they are causing people if they happened to get clamped!friends&family all have to pay 60cent just to visit us!! Absolute madness,even if there was a 2/3 hour grace&after that pay?
I didn't go to the meeting as have to work to just survive and I don't know what people where thinking agreeing to this!!
I pay my fees but can understand how some people can't as alot are struggling just to make ends meet and now they can't even park their own car where they live!!
It's absolute madness&€80 for a second car!! Em no I don't think so.
Our fees are one of the highest&now this! What next? And I certainly hope the clampers won't be around when the snow comes!!
I'm just fuming at this place

I felt insulted reading it. An effort to create fear for residents so that they pay up.

The Luas? It is too far away and there is a multitude of free parking before belfry hall would even be considered.

To increase security? NCP clamp cars. And charge €120 release fee. How is this improving security?

To stop non redidents parking? This is only a problem if we did not have space - WE DO. So its not a problem. We have a massive fob access underground car park which never fills.

To stop irresponsible parking by reidents? Never seen or heard of this.

DDD

Just BeeN onto odpm and yes the clampers will be clamping underground starting from Monday!!! Can't believe the committee came up with this!

dec76

I was at the agm this year, there was a discussion about clamping, I said I believed it to be a bad idea and besides parking has never been a problem, but as far as I'm aware no decision was made at that meeting. Unless there was a second meeting?

murphy 1

I too was at a couple of the meetings. There was only a handful of people who atttended. What i don't understand is how a handful of people can make make decisions for the whole apartment complex. Why wasn't there a letter sent to each apartment to see if they agreed or disagreed with this clamping idea. To put extra expense on people is not fair.

JD5

re clamping in belfry hall

hi

just wondering i taught the whole point they bought clamping into belfry hall was to make people who hadnt paid there management fees pay up by only providing permits to people who were up to date with there fees. as they havent issued permits it is not going to make any difference as people can just text there reg to NCP as vistors and still get out of paying there fees.it also wont stop people parking in belfry for the luas as they to can text there reg to NCP, unless they are gonna to keep track of the cars been parked there eveyday. makes no sense !!!

Hi
Does anyone understand the situation of the introduction of clamping in the belfry hall complex. Besides the fact that we are entitled to one car park space per appartment, no mention was given at the time of purchase that the was to be clamping introduced to this private residence. Where are vistors to park if they refuse to pay the fee out on the road in front of the houses. If so that is ok once its free, Will the under ground be free of clamping as that is a private car park owned by each residence.
Do the workers in the cocoon have to pay for parking as not living here.
Its just 1 easy way of the management to get habdy money before they raise up the cost each year,

superfloss01

What management company

Hi I live in Newcastle Manor in Newcastle and there is clamping being intorduced here, our management company is Property Access wondering if it the same crowd that are trying to bring in to most estates thanks again Amanda

linka

Hello,

Could you tell me please whom should I inform and register the car for free parking space in Belfry Hall? I'm living here for more than 2 years and I bought a car. As I know it has to be registered for my apartment as I don't want it to be clamped. Thank you.

Lina