CENTRA = rip off

snooze-you-lose

Just to warn you if your in the area they always overcharge me and have wrong prices on the shelves. its happened so often now and only today i went there for the morning paper there was 2 separate displays with kellogs cornflakes for €1, sounds great? well when i got to the till i noticed i had been charged €2.68 so when i queried it the boy was like oh well we got new prices in today..

so then i said id leave the cornflakes and he tried to give me my money back in 5 cents and two cents and one cents.. he said they had no euro coins or even fifty cents.. im not jokin it was so bad i demanded all my money back

just a word of warning for anyone shoppin there - ALWAYS ASK FOR AND CHECK YOUR RECEIPT BECAUSE THEY HAVE GREAT OFFERS ADVERTISED BUT THEY DONT HONOUR THEM

the last time i was overcharged for saussages more than double the price so im not very happy at all

eggheadbyrne

i agree that shop is a joke.the bank machine is never working and i too have been shortchanged on a few occasions.everyone knows it is cheaper to go to a supermarket but for its location it is too handy but recently i have start using the grange star.:mad:

ct_Roy

folks hold on a second.

we've got a convenience store (key word - convenience) right on our doorstep - something a lot of developments don't.

if you don't want to pay a little more for that convenience you can take your business elsewhere.

it's simple - it's price vs. convenience - you can't have both unless you're lucky to live next door to lidl :)

I for one have always found the staff in centra to be very pleasant and i use the shop frequently for milk and small bits during the week while doing my main shop elsewhere.

It's simple economics that you will pay a bit extra for this convenience.

i also have found in recent times they've started doing very good special offers on some items. BTW - I'm in no way affiliated with centra - just grateful we're lucky to have a shop on our doorstep.

Fleetwood

I'm going to have to agree with ct Roy on this matter, but sometime the special offers may not have been coded into the tills. I have on many times brought this to the cashers attention before payment occurs and cashier has to follow suit. I go by the motto the customer is always right. I'm always looking for a bargin and maybe a freebie in centra, snooze and egghead if you blind to see this in the first place take off the sun glasses and you'll see better.