Car park permits?

MaggieZee

Hi all, I recently moved to the area (The Coast, Myrtle, to be exact) and I am a bit confused about whether or not I need a parking permit for my car. I have a Parking Disc that was left to me by the previous occupier of the house, but it has expired now. I could not find any information anywhere as to how to go about registering for the new one, but it was mentioned on this forum somewhere that the permits were cancelled last year...Is this still the case, and if not, how do I get one? Thanks in advance for your help!

Aoibhe Ni

Have you tried calling Guardian, or whoever you're buying/renting from?
As you can see a little further down, the clampers are not averse to clamping cars around here, much to my dismay, so I'd certainly suggest getting to the bottom of this quickly.

I don't live on Myrtle, but I walk by there most days and the parking situation does, indeeed, seem a bit tenuous.

MaggieZee

Hi Aoibhe, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, my landlady does not have any idea. She told me to ask the previous tennants, they told me there should be some info on the disk they had left me, but there is no such information on it, so I'm back to square one. I must say, we have been living here for over a month now, and I did not see any clamping at all. I guess I should just call the management company to find out for sure!

stiophan

There was disc permits put out to combat potential traffic when the Dart was opened. However this has not seemed the case. You will still get clamped if you park in someone elses 'place' or park badly/obstructing, parking ON the pavement etc. However the clampers are not yet going after those who park in a surface space as long as nobody else who does not own the space objects. They are not looking for the discs. Few owners have a surface public space no matter how many times they like to park there. You can report bad/illegal parking to the clampers and any car that is being dumped etc. A disc might be useful in showing you do live there. There are signs and a designated areas where people can park. It will be obvious to anyone if you are clamped due to where you have parked. This idea of parking discs might change if there is a change in commuters parking in the estate for the Dart or if there is no improvement in management fee collection although there is no plans at all at this stage to do this.