Car Burn-outs

Mokey

I'm growing ever more concerned at the high level of cars being burnt out around our estate - there have been 2 in the past 2 nights alone, as well as another one outside Pat's shop last week. Has Laytown really and truly turned into a ghetto now?

On that subject and following on from part of the discussion with the Gardai on Monday night, is there any way we can put our heads together and campaign to Meath CoCo to have the laneway closed off from Alverno Heights through to Beach Grove?? It's not only a quick escape route but if it was closed off, I don't think the group of kids would be too bothered to walk the long way around and it would eliminate the excuse for them being in and around our estate. It might just be the answer to all our prayers...... ??

Janey Mac

Are these cars that are being driven into the estate and then burned out or actual residents cars?? I'm shocked to say the least. We haven't moved in yet... grave concerns..

Mokey

To be honest JoGo, Laytown is overall a really nice place to live and the residents in SS are all lovely - unfortunately there is just one group of teenagers hanging around the area that are causing all the trouble and the Gardai don't seem to be able to do anything about them. I'm sure we'll work something out very soon. There's very few small towns without their problems! I honestly wouldn't let this worry you.