Broadband

abrown15

Hi Tina

I used to live in Midleton and I used both eircom and BT for my broadband - I found BT had the best prices for me as we didn't make loads of calls.

cork_macer

Tina,

You'll be luck to get a telephone line from Eircom never mind Broadband.
It appears that only 3 houses to date have ordered phone lines and Eircom don't seem to be in any hurry to complete cable work required before connections are possible.

Eircom have got to have one of the poorest customer services in this country.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

deirdremcardle

Broadband availability

Reading these messages and getting a bit concerned. I will be working from home and absolutely need broadband from day one. Has anyone asked Castlelands about the "Broadband connectivity available" feature as mentioned in the brochure. I was sure in the original brochure I had that it said wireless broadband, although this seems to have been updated.

cork_macer

Eircom

Some good news at long last from Eircom.
Looks like they will be in a position to provide telephone service this week.
They were door to door on Saturday completing the internal works.
Hopefully Broadband will be a simple process once the telephone line is active.

deirdremcardle

That's good news.

I was on the site on Saturday and spoke with one of the Eircom guys there. As the lines are new and close to the exchange DSL broadband should be easy to get after that. You will need to call Eircom though and get them to "test" the line for broadband. If you want to go with an alternative provider rather than Eircom for DSL, Digiweb aren't a bad option.

abrown15

If you want to go with an alternative provider rather than Eircom for DSL, Digiweb aren't a bad option.
I have also heard very good things about utvinternet - I currently use them for my dial up - when the exchange I am on get upgraded later this year, I will more than likely stick with them.

cork_macer

After "only" waiting for 6 months, Eircom have connected the land line today.
Will post how long it takes from now to get broadband.

cork_macer

Eircom Broadband connected yesterday, less than one week after ordering. However I had all the equipment from previous home.

cork_Neighbour

Wireless Broadband

Anyone able to get Wireless Broadband in the Estate?
Would rather not get a landline. What are the options?

I hear Chorus also offer a Wireless Broadband Package with Cable.
Has anyone opted for this service?

Thanks...