Broadband

derekt

i say it could be who you have as your local service provider ie ntl or eircom.usually the price would be e30.00

dublin20_Cathal

Wireless

Is anyone currently using wireless broadband that would be interested in allowing me to use it for a fee (to put towards the overall bill) as I'm not sure how long I will be living on the Island and don't want to go to the hassle of getting a landline/contract etc. The coverage would have to be good enough of course :)

D&G

I have Eircom Broadband 2mb download speed at €39.99 a month but you will have to sign up for 12 months. They will waive the installation fee if its your first account with a Broadband provider. Not sure about wireless as friends of mine have used it in the past and have had pretty crap download speeds far lower than the advertised average. I am thinking of switching to BT which have a 6 month contract and cheaper line rental. Hope this helps:)

Hey

I managed to get a signal from Clearwire. The guy called round and eventually got one. It's improving all the time as they add power to their transmitter.

It depends where your apartment is positioned though. The higher up the better and facing the weir is better still. Although my apt looks towards the courtyard.

If you want, send me a message and I'll give you the details.