Broadband in Castlemartyr

abrown15

Okay - we all know that Castlemartyr in not on a DSL enabled exchange - doe anyone know if this will happen?

Would also be interested to hear if anyone is using one of the wireless broadband servies.

BWA

Hi ABrown,

I read elsewhere that you mentioned Airwaveinternet, I was on their site yesterday and noticed that they mentioned Amocom on their FAQ page.

Their sites are practically identical:
http://www.airwaveinternet.net
http://www.amocom.com
so I presume that airwaveinternet is Amocom rebranded for residential service / East Cork.

I use Amocom at work (with a business grade => more expensive) service, and found them to be good. Reliable Connections with low latency, although expensive compared to other providers. [I left them for a while to go to Irish Broadband - but returned to them about 18 momths ago].

I was looking for broadband for home (I'm in Cois Coillte Saleen, but there's no forum yet) and I contacted these guys yesterday. Although they show Cloyne as well covered in their coverage map, they said that they still haven't actually got a mast there yet, expected in 4-6 weeks.
http://www.airwaveinternet.net/coverage_map.html

It might be the same with Castlemartyr, so you could send them a mail, survey@airwaveinternet.net and request a coverage survey.

Regards,
Brian

abrown15

Thanks for the info Brian! We are still managing to get by with dial up at present, but boy it is a shock to the system!!! I have been using broadband for the last 5 years - there are some sites now that I just can not visit as the pages take soooooo long!!

I think I will wait until Chrsitmas and see what Santa brings!!

cork_mark

Airwave - would recommend

Hello,

I have been using AirwarveInternet since last autumn in Bridgetown Close. Reliable, speed is only 1MB but it is rocket-like compared to dialup. Needs line of sight to a mast in Ladysbridge but this should be OK.

Mark

abrown15

Oh Mark, you lucky thing!! I am going to wait just now though - There was a press release last December that the Castlemartyr exchange will be DSL upgraded sometime in 2007. For any big downloads I tend to use my PC at work!

cork_mark

Oh Mark, you lucky thing!! I am going to wait just now though - There was a press release last December that the Castlemartyr exchange will be DSL upgraded sometime in 2007. For any big downloads I tend to use my PC at work!
Good news, competition is healthy!

Expert

Broadband

Hi all,

I just took receipt of my eircom wireless broadband modem today. It is great to finally have broadband in Castlemartyr.

newie

www.freewebs.com/castlemartyr

tHIS WEBSITE IS BRILLIANT FOR UPDATES ON ALL WHATS HAPPENING IN CASTLEMARTYR.

davenova

Nova Networks - New wireless broadband service in Castlemartyr

Hi,

Dave here from Nova Networks. Just letting everyone know that our wireless broadband service is now available in Castlemartyr, Mogeely, Ladysbridge, Killeagh and surrounding rural areas.

If you have failed the line test or are in a rural area out of range (4.5Km) of the exchange, call us as we use radio waves to provide the service. It is fast and reliable and is not affected by weather.

Full details are at www.novanetworks.ie

All the best,

Dave