bizarre

abbey

Has anyone heard the early morning screamer?!?!?! Well, kind of a shrieker.

It's very strange.

My apartment faces over the hill, towards the mountain.

Over the past few months, some mornings when I'm getting ready for work, usually between 6 - 7.30 a.m. ish, I can hear a woman shrieking!! The first time I heard her I was a bit worried... but now that it's a regular enough occurrence, I can't make head nor tail of it..

It sounds like it's coming from up the hill, the field area, or maybe one of the old houses on the blackglen road. This morning I began to think it was just a crow with a weird call, but no way. It is definitely a human female!! She seems to be shouting at someone.

Anyway, either she's cuckoo and is let out once a day when she screams or.... I can't make sense of it.

Has anyone else heard her??

Walshy

Abbey,

Below is an article from the Lamb Doyles website. If you believe in this type of stuff, it might just be...

During the 20's and 30's many Dubliners built themselves wooden huts at the foot of the Dublin mountains and came out at the weekends. They also enjoyed visiting Lamb Doyles or Biddy O'Gorman's. During the 30's an event occurred that caused quite a sensation. A woman called Lily O'Neill, or 'Honor Bright' was brought one evening to Lamb Doyles by two young men who had met her on St. Stephen's Green. Later her dead body was found on the road not far away. The case came to court but the results were inconclusive. The story goes that her ghost may occasionally be seen in the area.

abbey

bizarre honor bright

Re. Honor Bright, well, that would be freaky.

I'd prefer to think it was just someone who has a strange way of starting the day. I suppose it's possible that one of the early morning joggers goes into the field and does some screaming, release exercises....

But it's really strange stuff -whatever the explanation....

Fleetwood

It is mostly likely to be a Fox shrieking at that time in the morning. And Walshy you can tell your ghost stories at Halloween

abbey

I'm familiar with foxes - it doesn't sound like one. I suppose there's a chance it's some kind of strange deer call... but it sounds like a person. Didn't hear it (her) today.

Eoinsy

I love the "Honor Bright" story.

It is a fox though. I heard it one night before.
They do shriek really eerily though, had me freaked for a while!!

abbey

bizarre fox

It probably is a fox or deer.... But I've been involved with foxes (& hedgehogs) for a few years and this morning shrieking doesn't sound like the regular fox call/barks -sounds different.... but it could just be a fox with an slightly skewed/weirder call (than usual).....

sandyford123

couch!!

Speaking of Bizarre. There has been a couch left out on one of the ground floor patios in block F in rockview for the last week. It is a real eye sore and surely in direct contravention to the rules and regulations. Maybe the tennants are moving but it has been there a bit long now and they don't seem to be in any rush to move it

Has anyone else seen it?

mash

yip - have seen it, interesting tenants to say the least, wouldnt be mentioning it to them for fear of your life!!!! its a rented apt so maybe a call to management company may let the landlords know!

sandyford123

Rented or not you'd think they might have a little bit of pride in where they live.

The management company certainly need to be told. I know that if I rented out my appartment and found that my couch had been moved into a new converted outdoor sitting room by the tenants I wouldnt be best pleased.

rockview_Abi

Pride? Believe me the people in that apt don't know the meaning of the word. I rang the management company today to complain about the couch but Ronan is on hols. I can't be bothered saying it to whoever is filling in for him cos from past experience they never do anything. I'll call next week when Ronan is due back and if others want to call about it too please do. The more complaints he's more likely he'll do something about it.

Fleetwood

Has any one taught of calling the caretaker first, I bet it will get sorted if some has the courage to call him

rockview_Lyn

Just on another note - I was down at the bin shed yesterday (behind block F) and there was a guy in there with what looked like his son. They both looked really startled when I walked in and left immediately but stood outside the door for a few minutes. There was also a strong smell of urine in there and two streams of liquid running across the floor when I went in. I closed the door behind me when I was leaving and saw that they had moved to across the road just standing there with their backs to me. I looked back when I was further away and they were walking back into the bin shed (they had a key).

To be honest they looked so suspicious and I felt really nervous being in there. If anyone sees anything weird tell Ronan or the caretaker.

sandyford123

Lyn,

Did you ring Ronan and tell him? Its important you do so as you can explain exactly what happened. We need to let him know about anything like this. You could also ask him to take a look at the cameras as one of them points to the shed.

sandyford123

As far as i know, he was supposed to be back today. They have a habit of not getting back to people, so Id suggest following it up if you dont hear from him. Niall Usher - nusher@kpm.ie is looking after thing in his absence ( this is questionable though)

Fleetwood

Lyn those two people you saw in the Bin the other day may be the same people who have their ground floor patio full of rubbish like having a washing machine, clothes horse and a couple of bags too.