Beware

lily114

Hi guys have just moved into the area just wanted to let you know I had a bit of a scary experience this evening -
I had just taken the turn into Aiken Village and a man was crossing the road - I stopped to let him cross the road (as he was halfway across anyway). However when I stopped he tried to get into my car on the driver side. I got a fright and started to pull away but he kinda threw himself on the bonnet but luckily just slid off and I got to drive away. When I got home I rang the guards in stepaside and they said they had a number of complaints about the same guy this evening and were driving around the estate looking for him. I have not heard if they found him so be vigilant and make sure you lock your doors as you are driving around.

Mort5000

Welcome to the neighbourhood.
Wish it was under better circumstances.

Have the guards followed up with you?

fran133

I came across the same individual last night, it was just after the heavy hail shower,
I was driving out of the development, just at the entrance to Cluain Shee a man came out on the road and flagged me down. He was middle aged, well dressed, well spoken but quite drunk, he was looking for a lift to Sandyford House. I told him "no" and drove off, didnt think too much about it.

I dont think he meant any harm, he was drunk, acting the idiot and didnt want to get wet again. He was probably more of a danger to himself than anyone else. Thats all well for me to say, you did the right thing in calling the Gardai.

lily114

Thanks for your replay - don't feel too bad now if thats all it was. But it was quite intimidating at the time. Rang the Gardai in Stepaside yesterday and the G on duty knew nothing about it.