Bad Smell at the Maltings

Blah

Does anybody know if anything is being done about the sickening foul smell on the corner of Island Street and Watling Street? :eek:

It's been there for quite some time (at least a couple of years), and it would appear that nothing is being done about it. :(

dublin8_SarahH

Moderator (The Maltings)
smell

I've never noticed this smell, I'm on the Bonham St side. What is it? Is it a sewage problem or something? have the council anything to say?
The smell I'm aware of is around august/september which I presumed comes from the guinnesses, (not the nice hop smell ) truly not nice I don't open the windows when it's about. I presumed guinness cleaned out some tanks or something this time of year.
Or maybe we are talking about the same smell?

dublin8_Keith

That would be a sewer junction under the road there. It's been overloaded for a long time. The City Council have promised to fix it a few times. I suggest that if/when election candidates come knocking, you ask them what they'll do about it!

KenS

The bad smell there is caused by the wastewater treatment plant in Guinness, it is located just at that corner. I used to work there and the smell off the plant was pretty pongy, especially in the summer with the heat.

If it is getting to you, you can complain to the environmental manager there, under their licence from the EPA if they recieve a complaint they have to do something about it.

gar32

Do you have a name or phone number for these people as the smell is getting worst lately. Many Thanks

gar32

Do you have a name or phone number for these people as the smell is getting worst lately. Many Thanks
I got on to them & it was 3 water treatment tanks. They have put new one in & we should not smell it again. Enjoy the smell of Guninness. :)

Bart1981

Fair play Gar! No more pong, they put a lid on the huge tank that was causing it the other day.;)
Actually I wasn't been so sure of this as that smell comes from homeless shelter which is allocated just on the corner.
I know that because I had a charity day at work and we helped them to paint and fit all rooms.

This bad smell comes from the backyard behind this building.