ATTN: All Belfry Block D Residents

Caddywhack

I was informed by Jackie from Laragan on Wednesday that 1) the car park is now open (wasn't as of Wednesday night) and 2) that all residents were given a map of where their parking space would be in the underground car park. I have gone through all of my documentation and been on to my solicitor and there is no such map. Given that we're now finding out that there appear to be have been different standards applied to windows etc between blocks, can anyone else in Block D confirm or otherwise whether they got this map? Thanks. Yours in frustration!

ab123

Tried it this morning and it is definitely opening for me.

No such map was given onto us by our solicitors....apparently, it is not allocated spaces and everyone can park where they want to NOW according to the management company and the foreman from Laragan Developments. Unless you get your space marked by the developers (or some other way) the allocated space system would not have worked anyway in reality. However, everyone should have somewhere to park in the end but it does not resolve having your own marked space:eek:

Emma7

Hi

Iam in block b and when i signed the contracts i did receive a copy of the underground car park and my space was allocated.
Jackie in Larigan said that everyone received this so there should be no problems. I do agree that they should be marked out and i think its just laziness that it wasnt done in the first place

ab123

But there are no painted parking spaces per se at the moment....David from OPDM apparently is trying to get them to paint in actual spaces to park the cars!!

You'd really have to push it more to get marked spaces with Laragan and do they not keep such relevant documents like this on file if legalities and complications like this arise......think they might be fobbing you off. Also I can tell you that if the space is not marked for you then you ultimately have no control over who parks in your space unless you catch them and the person parking in your space will say its not marked so no good unless marked in my eyes!!

Caddywhack

I've emailed Jackie again saying that some of us Block D residents did not receive this map (hope that's ok). I will let ye know what the reply is.

Caddywhack

Erm, I got a rather quick response to my query to Jackie saying that my solicitor will have to request the car parking documentation from Laragans solicitors!

ab123

that's rather odd isn't it procrastination perhaps as they no longer have maps or if they admit they have map they are obliged to proceed with allocated spaces...marking spaces and dealing with it!!

Caddywhack

Ah its pretty bad, so if we now push the management company to number the spots we'll end up paying for it! Jeez, I'd buy a can of paint and do it myself! On another note, I'd contacted the Department of the Environment about the front door and the fact that it opens inwards and I was told that all doors on escape routes should be hung so that they open in the direction of escape ie outwards. Check out www.environ.ie/en/publications/developmentandhousing/buildingstandards/filedownload,1640,en.pdf I'll be passing this on to ODPM.

ab123

I did mention this on one occasion to David in OPDM and he said that the front doors are up to standard! Maybe it is just the fire emergency doors that need to be like this?

Emma7

I agree with you all about the car parking spaces in the underground car park.
Even the way the laid the spots out is riduculous.
I am in Blockl B and my space is over under Block A which is stupid. I know its not far to walk but it makes no sense that they did it this way.

The definetly need to number the spots, i'll be honest i have been parking in the underground car park for the last week and i am not using the spot i was given as hardly anyone is parking under there so for the moment i will be leaving my car where it is. Of course i will move it when everyone else parks down there.

ab123

Also the onus is with the developers to have the underground car park up to scratch....anyone know of any other development built by Laragans that has an underground car park and if they completed it properly in another development then they are more or less obliged to finish it to the same standard here,. painted spaces and all!!

Emma7

When i was going out this morning i noticed a burst pipe in the underground car park. Water was flowing out through it and onto the ground. I'm going to get onto Jackie about this one as well.

ab123

Lads ye might be quicker reporting things to Anthony as he is the on site foreman for Laragan Devt.....will cut out the middle person! I have dealt with him directly and seems to be fixed quicker....in saying that all the prefabs were all still here and people were actively working onsite for Laragans at the time....

Hart

Laragan’s also has an apartment complex/development up in Carrickmines currently under construction. Apparently this development which started a short time after ours became the reason ours took so long, i.e. they didn't quite have enough cash flow for both projects. This development is also apparently streets ahead of ours in terms of finish etc. The penthouses were actually featured on that RTE show where two designers go head to head to do up similar properties a couple of weeks ago.

ab123

Thats good to know, cheers! I must say they did fix most of the things (not 100% the way I would like it to have been done) I asked them to and when we bought the apt it was 6 months old so don't worry abot having been there for a while...the person that owned it before us didn't complete the snag list by the looks of it!!

DDD

hey im in block c and never got a space anyway there are plenty of spaces so there will b no problem. the drainage down in the carpark is not good all around the door leading into block c is flooded and it goes all the way inside the door its terrible.. everytime it rains it happens even when the carpark was open back in august for a few days when they were resurfacing the upper carpark it rained and flooded and they had to get a machine into dry it out..this still has not been fixed..i dont c the problem just parking anywere plus it has been found that with parking spaces that are numbered then ppl know who is out and leads to more break ins this also is something to consider..dont c the point in putting numbers on the spaces,

Caddywhack

Completely agree DDD, no point in putting numbers on the spaces if you're not going to designate them, which I dont mind about. But some residents have been given designated and others haven't but nobody knows which is which. So if I unwittingly park in someone's designated spot they'd feel they are quite entitled to have me clamped or worse. That's the problem, lack of consistency.

ab123

Just make sure you report the flooding otherwise nothing will be done about it. There was a problem with flooding in the underground car park before and reported it to Anthony and he was supposed to have fixed it. It's their issue to sort out.

Also, we had disasterous flooding in our place...first from apt upstairs (incorrect plumbing from washing machine apparently) then the roof had a leak and destroyed corner of kitchen by sink (and 3 wends of my free time) so had to get developers in on it to replace wall and ceiling and replaster (all done but shambles of plastering), ...nightmare so if you do see anything report as it could be doing permanent damage to residents place above car park!!

DDD

oh i know all about flooding, a pipe burst in my hall and ruined all my wooden floors had to move out for a week such a nightmare