Attic Conversions in Lusk Village

Lucylu

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has had an attic converted in Lusk Village?
We're in a 3 bed detached house and it's recommended that the stairs go up via the second bedroom which we're not too keen on.

If anyone can offer any suggestions / recommendations, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much :)

seagull

Moderator (Lusk Village)
We had one done a while back, and it went through that bedroom. We're in a type B1 - 3 bed house with the bay window. I'm not sure that there's really any other option.

firstphase

Yes.

I promise I haven't just done a ninja edit to add that bolded part in.
;)
I'm lost with the bay window house type !!

have 2 friends in the estate that went down the attic conversion both being the 3 bed with kitchen one side and the living room other side of front door the brick v rendered finish front with the open wooden arch and tiled apex porch

rendered finish is mid terrace and got it done with stairs off one bedroom although i would have thought with the central staircase turning on itself would have been perfect for continuing upwards without scarificing bedroom space

brick finish is detached and didn't get it done as was advised against it as the structure of the house didn't suit and woudl require additional structural works at expense. Wonder if thats because gable walls are end walls and not supported being detached

with any attic conv I'd want structural engineer cert with any works to avoid re sale issues down the road plus with BER's I'd want good insulation so experienced folks that could be recommended

any guide prices ?

Lucylu

Also lost on the Bay window type houses - I've yet to see them.
Ours is detached - we've had 3 companies out and all have stated it was absolutely no problem to do providing structural certs etc for the job.
Guideline prices: 20K

firstphase

Also lost on the Bay window type houses - I've yet to see them.
Ours is detached - we've had 3 companies out and all have stated it was absolutely no problem to do providing structural certs etc for the job.
Guideline prices: 20K
there is one housetype in the estate ther is only 1 of and remember viewing it on the outside as it never went up for sale similar to another housetype I think there is only 3 or 4 of. Already sold before Sales Office opened and up the top of the estate near the footbal fields along by the greenhouses, it was a single storey bungalow with a portion of it recessed back off the road to give driveway type parking.
Must take a ramble round parts of the estate I haven't walked, some knooks and crannys undiscovered

MackeyD

there is one housetype in the estate ther is only 1 of and remember viewing it on the outside as it never went up for sale similar to another housetype I think there is only 3 or 4 of. Already sold before Sales Office opened and up the top of the estate near the footbal fields along by the greenhouses, it was a single storey bungalow with a portion of it recessed back off the road to give driveway type parking.
Must take a ramble round parts of the estate I haven't walked, some knooks and crannys undiscovered
We got ours done (about 20k) with stairs built into the third bedroom. I have kitchen one side, living room the other, plaster front with rounded trellis. End of terrace. We didn't like the idea of going through the middle bedroom (makes it too small) or over the existing stairs (structural work needed, plus darkens and clutters the landing). It still leaves the third bedroom large enough.