Articles of Association.

mocklerd

Hi all,
I have checked with the National Consumer Agency and there are a number of points I think that might need to be highlighted

* A property management company is made up of all the owners of apartments in a development. Like all companies, the management company must stick to the rules detailed in its 'Memorandum and Articles of Association.' We should have been given a copy of this when we bought our apartments, I know I for one didn't receive a copy. I contacted Jenny Brusey in Panorama Property and she was more than helpful in supplying a copy of the Articles for the Old Kilmainham Manor Management Company.

* Before the AGM each year, every member must see a copy of the management company's accounts for the previous year. An independent auditor must verify these accounts. the law requires that at the AGM the members vote to ratify the accounts. Annual returns and accounts must be filed and if this is not done, it can lead to huge fines from the Company Registration Office and difficulties when selling properties. Apparently the developer still has control of the development but there is only one apartment left to sell, according to Jenny, at which time the Company will revert to the owners.

Regards,

David

Billiepiper

Hi Mocklerd,

Has everyone been paying their Management fees ??

I know I have anyway but has there been many disputes that we know of?
Also, what date is the AGM this year do you know?

Thanks a mill
Billie

Hi all,
I have checked with the National Consumer Agency and there are a number of points I think that might need to be highlighted

* A property management company is made up of all the owners of apartments in a development. Like all companies, the management company must stick to the rules detailed in its 'Memorandum and Articles of Association.' We should have been given a copy of this when we bought our apartments, I know I for one didn't receive a copy. I contacted Jenny Brusey in Panorama Property and she was more than helpful in supplying a copy of the Articles for the Old Kilmainham Manor Management Company.

* Before the AGM each year, every member must see a copy of the management company's accounts for the previous year. An independent auditor must verify these accounts. the law requires that at the AGM the members vote to ratify the accounts. Annual returns and accounts must be filed and if this is not done, it can lead to huge fines from the Company Registration Office and difficulties when selling properties. Apparently the developer still has control of the development but there is only one apartment left to sell, according to Jenny, at which time the Company will revert to the owners.

Regards,

David