Address

Minnie~dip

Can anyone enlighten me as to the "proper" address for the development - I'm sick of my post being delayed or not delivered at all.

My title deeds have St Edmunds, Palmerston;
the managment company have St Edmunds, St Lomans Road, Palmerstown;
An Post have re-routed all my post and marked up the envelopes as Lucan.

Anyone have any idea why everyone seems to have a different address?

dublinem

Hi Minnie~dip,

I was just about to post the same question but I see you have beaten me to it! I would like to know too.

When I moved in 18 months ago I informed everyone, banks etc, that my address was St Edmunds, Palmerstown, Dublin 20 - assuming that I needed to use my 'legal' address, but like you, at this stage am seriously considering changing it to St Edmunds, St Loman's Road, Lucan, Co Dublin.

It's not just An Post, but also SDCC when registering on the electoral register - they only recognised Lucan....

Minnie~dip

yeah its bad...I gave everyone and everything the address on the title deeds.....and now my post is delayed all the time and I keep getting notes from An Post telling me to inform people of my proper address...

tom dowling

Hi Minnie~dip,

Thanks for your Pm some weeks back, I'm glad you have settled in St Edmuds. Do you have any friends still in Adamstown or were you just passing through very quickly?

I see you have an issue regarding your correct postal address, I find it very strange that its down as Palmerstown. I will check it up for you but I know for the election area your most certainly included in the Lucan area.

I will come back on that.

Best wishes.

Minnie~dip

yup I'm still in contact with a certain Swede from Castlegate Green :)

As for the address if this is not Palmerstown why are the developers allowed to market it as such and also contract legally?
My title deeds do not state Lucan - and my bank have my official address from my title deeds, which of course is my official billing address, which must be my postal address if using my credit card online.
I think An Post, the developers and SDCC need to organise this.

2QuietPeople

Any news on the address situation? I also have my address as Palmerstown Dublin 20 and keep getting An Post stickers on my post saying its Lucan. So should I change my address to Lucan on all my bills etc? Thanks

Minnie~dip

Well regardless of mis-directed post - if the developement address/title deeds/land registry are not all in sync with regards the addresses - how many invalid charges are there out there?

MackieSwe

I have my address as follows St.Edmunds, Lucan, Dublin 20..
It seems that all my mail comes to me..
One other question..what do i do with mail from previous residents?..

Minnie~dip

Mackieswe,
the postmen are probably just using the "Lucan" to classify your post. Lucan is not in Dublin 20, thats the post code for Palmerstown & Chapelizod.

As for the post from previous residents - if you have a contact for them let them know of the post, or if there is a landlord involved notify them and ask them to ensure they have their mail re-directed properly.

If that doesn't work, mark up the envelopes as "not known at this address" and put them back in the postal system.