150 Bus Parking

J.R.

I think the bus parking opposite the shops entrance is a needless accident waiting to happen. The bus parks there waiting for it's departure times before it then proceeds to the first bus stop.

The results of this action are that all cars have to overtake the bus, crossing the centre line, to proceed towards Domville, Rossmore etc. This is happening at the entrance to the shops.

If a car wishes to turn right into the shops, waiting for oncoming traffic to pass, all the cars behind cannot pass on the left, as the bus blocks the path.

If a delivery truck wishes to enter / exit the shops while bus is parked then there is gridlock.

I realise that for an efficient bus service a bus has to be waiting, so it can be at the stop in time but it would be a simple matter to park the bus farther back in front of the Green, where traffic could safely overtake.

A simple solution to this problem would be to paint double yellow lines opposite the shops entrance or a continous white centre line.

A long term solution would be to cut a slot into the green opposite the shops to allow buses to park & wait safely without causing obstruction.

crosstownk

Moderator (Wainsfort)
I completely agree with you and the problem is now worse since the installation of the new lights.

J.R.

A simple solution to this problem would be to paint double yellow lines opposite the shops entrance or a continous white centre line.

A long term solution would be to cut a slot into the green opposite the shops to allow buses to park & wait safely without causing obstruction.

During the summer a double yellow line has been installed opposite the shops and a new bus shelter, with cut-in to footpath, installed to allow bus to park and cars to safely overtake the bus.............hard to believe but some 150 bus drivers still insist on parking opposite the shops on a DOUBLE YELLOW LINE leaving the newly erected bus shelter empty, blocking up the road!!!!!!