Upkeep of estate

kildare_Razor

Hi All

Don`t know if anybody looks at this site anymore,but I`ll enter this post anyway.

As you guys know,its impossible to get hold of the builder.
The grass isn`t been cut anymore and the street lights that are broken have not been fixed.According to the landscape company they won`t be cutting the grass anymore as they are owed money from the builder.With the time of year that it is,in a short space of time the estate is going to look very untidy.

With this in mind my neighbour has been in touch with Kildare Co Co to see when they are taking charge of the estate.He expects to hear back in the next couple of days.As most of you will be aware,Co Co`s don`t have the money to take over any new estates so depending on what we here back we may need our fellow neighbours to put pressure on the Council to get them to take over the estate.

From what we can gather the builder has paid a bond (a sort of security deposit) to Kildare Co Co and this means that if he goes bang or doesn`t finish the estate that the Council has funds in place to take over the estate.

Anyway,I`ll keep you guys updated when we hear more (thats assuming that anyone reads this:) )

cutter

Hey,

It's good to hear someone is on the case...fair play to you. If there is anything I can do, let me know.

C

lullywood

Hi Guys,

I just passed your estate today, yes your grass needs to be cut. If you would like a quotation for the landscape maintenance to be done by a private grass cutting contactor, I could give you a quotation. We are located in Lullymore and operate as Lullywood Landscape Maintenance. hope you dont mind me posting a reply. I dont know anyone who lives in your estate to make a personal contact.

Regards

saly

Upkeep of the estate

Hi Razor,

Thanks for the update. Haven't been on this site for a while and when I was out walking around the estate yesterday I noticed the grass so I decided to have a look to see if there was any updates.

I know someone in Pomeroy Park who said they will give me details of the main man in the Core Group in Rathangan.When I get his details I will e-mail him and ask can he give us any information on Kildare County Council and where we stand if the builders won't do it.

Keep me updated and likewise

pointy

Hi Guys,

Nice to see a new post on the site! I have noticed this too and was hoping it was just a delay! To be honest if it gets any worse and nothing gets done then I am not opposed to doing some of it myself! If you need help with anything let me know. I can make plenty of calls if you need me to!

Nice to hear from you again.
P

kildare_Razor

Hi All

Just an update.
We are planning our 1st residents meeting on Tuesday 26th in Fulhams bar,hope you guys can attend.
Hopefully we can get a committee elected and get a few things sorted.

On the grass cutting side of things,we got a quote from a local landscape guy of €500 for the 1st cut and €400 thereafter and he says there would be approx 20 cuts a year.This would work out at approx €8200 which would have to be divided between the residents (hopefully everybody will pay:) )The only problem I see with this is once we go down this route there`s no way Kildare CC will take over the development.
Part of the planning regulations implemented by KCC was that there would be no management companies in any new developments and this is why the builder paid a bond to KCC to ensure the estate was finished to a certain level prior to the local council taking charge of the estate.Our estate is well finished compared to other new estates in the area.We have fully finished roads and footpaths and working streetlights,all of which would cost a lot to fix (if needed).
Based on this,why should we the residents pay for grass cutting?? KCC have money belonging to the builder for events like this,we just need to push the council on this matter.
Also,I think the timing is right,the local elections are only around the corner,so my suggestion would be to meet and agree what we need to do,and get the local politicians to fight our case as there are probally 100-120 votes in Preston Brook alone.
What do you guys think???

pointy

Hi Razor,

Thanks for getting back to us with an update. :D

Can I ask, have KCC been back in touch with your neighbour in relation to taking over the estate?

While I am very concerned about the condition of the landscaping and can obviously only see it getting worse if nothing is done I would have major reservations about going down the private contractor route.

The main reasons for this are

If we choose this option we lose all hope of KCC taking it over.
Cost - why should people have to fork out for this in the current climate when the builder has paid the bond to the council.
This only includes grass cutting, what about weeding, general maitenance etc (For example, the area at the river near the main road is in quite a state with broken trees etc due to bad weather).Also, this wont address the broken street lights.
If all owners/occupiers dont pay then the cost rises considerably for the remaining residents.

In my case I would prefer to donate my time to doing some of this maintenance myself rather than pay money I dont have to get someone else to do it. However, I know this may not be feasible for everyone.

Hopefully there will be a decent turnout at the meeting and we can discuss this then and get feedback from residents who dont have access to the net or are not aware of this website.

I have some free time if you need a hand badgering the council! ;)

See you next week.
P