Ta Dah!!

fpryan77

Policy

From the AGM, my understanding is that the policy was/is to clamp cars without a permit. Also there were a couple of areas designated where double yellow lines were to be put down, where parked cars were causing an obstruction, and they were given permission to clamp in those designated area. I guess there is still not enough funds to put down these double yellow lines.

french vanilla

sorry meant to say -what apcoa's policy in this estate is?
Their policy allowed by the committee via the agent (majority of the rest of us had no real say) is to clamp people who do not display their permits, does not matter if you are blocking the entrance of the estate, corners that you cannot see on coming traffic etc, lots of flaws with the regarding to clamping, non permits holders who have driveways are exempt although the land the houses are built on is leasehold? not one building in this estate is freehold so planning permission is given once the lease holder agrees?? who holds the lease. The whole lot of it is a joke. Yellow lines, Blue Lines no doubt will go ahead and perhaps they might have a purple line just in case you can't find your way around, after all, others had to make the decisions for us, we have no minds of our own, nor no rights by the look of things. IF you allow lines in it will be another reason to hold on to the clamping contract do people really want this??

fpryan77

Their policy allowed by the committee via the agent (majority of the rest of us had no real say) is to clamp people who do not display their permits, does not matter if you are blocking the entrance of the estate, corners that you cannot see on coming traffic etc, lots of flaws with the regarding to clamping, non permits holders who have driveways are exempt although the land the houses are built on is leasehold? not one building in this estate is freehold so planning permission is given once the lease holder agrees?? who holds the lease. The whole lot of it is a joke. Yellow lines, Blue Lines no doubt will go ahead and perhaps they might have a purple line just in case you can't find your way around, after all, others had to make the decisions for us, we have no minds of our own, nor no rights by the look of things. IF you allow lines in it will be another reason to hold on to the clamping contract do people really want this??
Households with a driveway are not exempt from the management fee, granted, they do not have to show a permit to park in their own driveways, and this was highlighted as problem in the AGM, but I believe there are about 10 houses with their own driveway, whereas the problem was much greater than 10 houses.

The houses are freehold, whereas the apartments and duplexes are Leasehold. Apartments and Duplexes have to be leasehold, as the ground on which they are built is shared among different owners. For example, you can't have an owner of a bottom apartment deciding to demolish their apartment without considering the apartment above, hence leasehold.

You were asked to the AGM and you were asked to vote, and you choose not to. Who's fault is that?

You write it, I'll correct it !

french vanilla

Households with a driveway are not exempt from the management fee, granted, they do not have to show a permit to park in their own driveways, and this was highlighted as problem in the AGM, but I believe there are about 10 houses with their own driveway, whereas the problem was much greater than 10 houses.

The houses are freehold, whereas the apartments and duplexes are Leasehold. Apartments and Duplexes have to be leasehold, as the ground on which they are built is shared among different owners. For example, you can't have an owner of a bottom apartment deciding to demolish their apartment without considering the apartment above, hence leasehold.

You were asked to the AGM and you were asked to vote, and you choose not to. Who's fault is that?

You write it, I'll correct it !
well get it right! Because if I go to sell my house it ant freehold? As for the vote your right, we were asked, however 20 out of the whole estate to proceed with a huge "milestone" i.e. clamping an't very neighbourly, and although you all might have had it right, it an’t right, right!

N7Runner

well get it right! Because if I go to sell my house it ant freehold? As for the vote your right, we were asked, however 20 out of the whole estate to proceed with a huge "milestone" i.e. clamping an't very neighbourly, and although you all might have had it right, it an’t right, right!
... expecting your neighbour to pay your house insurance isnt very neighbourly either .. is it ?

french vanilla

... expecting your neighbour to pay your house insurance isnt very neighbourly either .. is it ?
Expecting my neighbour to pay for any bill I might have is not very neighbourly too true, and since they don't that's why we have the mess we have? expecting my neighbour to clamp my car because they don't like it is on the same level if not worse. , We need to come to some sort of agreement ... soon. I think I heard somewhere that Management fees might be a thing of the past? not too sure on this.

N7Runner

"expecting my neighbour to clamp my car because they don't like it is on the same level if not worse"

I'm not sure .. but do you think this was done out of spite ??? Have a look around ?? the estate is NOT in good shape .... can you suggest an alternative ??? and dont say its not up to you to come up with an alternative .. it totally is... its up to all of us to try to find a way to make sure that the fees are collected for the sake of the estate. Lets be honest ... before the clamping came in .. no one even asked / cared who was collecting fees and how they were collected ... quite obvious from the small turnout at the meeting ... but now because there is a very real affect .. people are suddenly interested .. and yet .. no one has any better ideas for getting revenue .... 5 months at least of this forum and not 1 revenue raising suggestion ... says a lot I think ..

Havent heard anything about the maintenance fee going ... just hope its not because the estate has gone into liquidiation .... you'll have me as your neighbour forever if that is the case french vanilla ... we better start getting on a bit better ... :)

spoons

just saw a clamper clamping a car 1.30am strange the way i haven't seen them around during the day and then taking pictures of the clamp on. very strange.

fees need to be looked at in general i don't believe it is right that duplexes and apts be charged such extortionite rates if we are all to be ABLE to pay and benefit we need to adjust structure of fees more fairly.

Roll on the next AGM- alot of issues and not just clamping.
Newcastle Manor isn't feeling like a nice place to live at the moment. very sad indeed!

spoons

Houses pay 200e duplexes 1200e only difference if i am correct is building insurance and sinkage this does still not justify the 1000e difference. i don't think anybody want to be carried but i attended AGM's and alot of the issues raised were never addressed about services that were promised and never received and i am going back to when most people were paying service charges i think alot of people only felt the way they would be heard would be to stop paying the fees much like now that 90% weren't paying the AGM voted in clamping to generate revenue both sides were backed into a corner and had to take drastic measures to be listened to. i think next AGM back to basics, talk calmly and get some things sorted!

french vanilla

"expecting my neighbour to clamp my car because they don't like it is on the same level if not worse"

I'm not sure .. but do you think this was done out of spite ??? Have a look around ?? the estate is NOT in good shape .... can you suggest an alternative ??? and dont say its not up to you to come up with an alternative .. it totally is... its up to all of us to try to find a way to make sure that the fees are collected for the sake of the estate. Lets be honest ... before the clamping came in .. no one even asked / cared who was collecting fees and how they were collected ... quite obvious from the small turnout at the meeting ... but now because there is a very real affect .. people are suddenly interested .. and yet .. no one has any better ideas for getting revenue .... 5 months at least of this forum and not 1 revenue raising suggestion ... says a lot I think ..

Havent heard anything about the maintenance fee going ... just hope its not because the estate has gone into liquidiation .... you'll have me as your neighbour forever if that is the case french vanilla ... we better start getting on a bit better ... :)
You ask about an alternative how about the usual way in which people who owe money? legal letter, if there are no funds for this then how can anyone give an alternative when this is the only way legally to go about such matters,? what the committee have introduced is a non govern alternative and your asking me what other alternative i might have?? eh hello - as with the clamping the yellow lines are also not effective if they are not introduced by the council and not signed by garda- If this is what the money is spent on then its a great start! Also have noticed that cars that are clamped the clamper seems to know what house to send the notice to? where are they getting this information from ? only reg of cars can be ascertained from the council via your tax details or your local garda etc ? so how do they know which house to place the notice in? very strange!! as for the living beside each other none of us are going anywhere soon so the agm will be interesting