Sweetman House

3 bed duplex balconies

I had my heart set on one of these duplexes until the agent pointed out that the larger balcony off the bedroom was communal. Ichecked and you cannot put a lock on it and you will also never have the option to purchase this as it is communal it belongs to the management company and as such you would need the permission of every member (resident) of the management company to do so. I did almost take the gamble but thought better of it and decided against it. Its a consideration for future resale aswell, especially if you do have any problems with people using it.

Ains

Hi Livealot

I am also buying a 2 bed aparment in Sweetman. I was hoping to close this Thursday but was just told by my solicitor today that she's still waiting for an indemnity for the block policy and a signed contract from the builders solicitor. I can't believe I've to wait again. I had all my time booked of in work and I've people waiting to lay my flooring. I'm very surprised that it's Menolly that are holding things up. How are you getting on? Are you near to closing or are you in already? I just can't wait to get in now!! :)

I still haven't given the contracts back, because I'm waiting for further assurances from Menolly re: the pyrite issue. Apparently their solicitors are working on something... What does that mean? Is anybody else out there considering this issue, or is it just me? Am I paranoid?

Hi Orphan
we are in Morrow House and you are not being paranoid just thorough. The pyrite thing is an issue if above certain levels (see other blogs for the levels but I think you want it less than 0.5% rather than the 1% that Menolly use as a cut-off but I am open to correction). It is a huge investment for anyone to undertake and you should be duly cautious but remember your solicitor is there to look out for you and guide you accordingly so although you are keen to move in, another few days/weeks to have piece of mind is worth the delay. All this said, you will be moving into a development that is friendly, convenient, quiet (and if there are problems the management company Wyse are fairly good in dealing with it) with loads of families. With the opening of the DART station, the prices will go up which is unusual in the current environment which is one of the reasons we bought off plan a few years ago. Most units are lived in by owners so people don't want to see their home environment messed about with so this is a great selling point for the future. Do a thorough snag esp plumbing as this was poor in Morrow but to be fair Neil scott has been good in getting stuff fixed. I think you'll love it when you move in and like everything it is what you make it!!! good luck with getting all your ducks in a row and when you arrive, welcome!!!
P.S. same to other sweetman folk!

Hi Bazza,

I appreciate the response, and the advice. The pyrite levels of my house are at 0.07%, which is obviously well below the 1% danger level. I want to find out if it is common for the levels to increase over time, and if so, I'm trying to ensure that Menolly are responsible, and not me. I do love the development and want to live there, and it's nice to hear your words about my possible new neighbours. I just don't think that Menolly have clarifed the situation enough, I've no faith in that document from Golder Associates which I received. I've requested a better guarantee from Menolly through my solicitor, but nothing yet...

quite right

Hi Orphan,

As far as Menolly management go, don't trust them as far as you can throw them!! The builders are fine but check on the blogs for the levels to look for as I could be wrong-Google would come in handy. I would have thought that if an independent company is putting their name to the level and it is found then to be inaccurate you could take action against them but check this with your solicitor. My sources in the trade are saying that a load of developments are affected but nothing is being said at the moment because the builders are small and ****ting themselves. Menolly are building a lot of the London Olympic site so they can't afford for their reputtion to be further sullied but your only concern is your home so make sure you are happy and should a problem arise, make sure you have it clear who should be held accountable. Happy hunting!!!

red arches

Hi All

I have recently put a deposit on a place in red arches and I am waiting on letter from a structural engineer to say that there is no mineral pyrite in my property, has anyone being successful in getting one of these?

thanx

Pyrite

Hi Denise,

I've a deposit on a house in Sweetman, and I did receive a document from Golder Associates re: the levels of pyrite. It will not say that there are no levels, but it will give you the levels of pyrite content in your unit. Mine is 0.07% pyrite content. Just to let you know, I have no faith in this document, and have requested a better guarantee from Menolly. Still waiting...

Hi Orphan
Well Red Arches is supposed to be completely pryite free but I still need to get a letter from a structural engineer to say those 2 words 'pyrite free'...
have being waiting a few wks now, they did send a letter but not sufficient!

thanx

Tumble Weed.............

What's the latest...............update?

Snaggers?

Pyrite?

Solicitors?

Closing Sales?

Any news anybody? It's very quiet in here..................

Hey,

I was thinking everything had gone very quite on here also. Seems like everyone has just given up!!

Well here's an update on how things are going for me. Got my snag done Saturday week ago, and i've noticed that the builders are working on it already so that's a good thing. My solicitor is still waiting on the builders solicitors to furnish her with answers to queries she had with the apartment. She's been waiting on them since the 1st of May which seems absolutely crazy. The girl working on my file in BCM was out of the office so this had held everything up. I'm hoping they get back to her really soon. i hope to resnag the apartment maybe next week and from then i'm just waiting on the solicitors on both sides to get their skates on. Really feel like its dragging out at this stage. I'm thinking another two/ three weeks max and i'll be in. Fingers crossed anyway.

I know one girl who's posted on here quite a bit has received her keys and has moved in.

Anybody else with any updates???? It would be great to hear how others are getting on.

Cheers,

Jersey girl

I am going to snag next week and hope can move in before end of this month. any other thing need to be sorted out before closing after this stage?

Hey,

I was thinking everything had gone very quite on here also. Seems like everyone has just given up!!

Well here's an update on how things are going for me. Got my snag done Saturday week ago, and i've noticed that the builders are working on it already so that's a good thing. My solicitor is still waiting on the builders solicitors to furnish her with answers to queries she had with the apartment. She's been waiting on them since the 1st of May which seems absolutely crazy. The girl working on my file in BCM was out of the office so this had held everything up. I'm hoping they get back to her really soon. i hope to resnag the apartment maybe next week and from then i'm just waiting on the solicitors on both sides to get their skates on. Really feel like its dragging out at this stage. I'm thinking another two/ three weeks max and i'll be in. Fingers crossed anyway.

I know one girl who's posted on here quite a bit has received her keys and has moved in.

Anybody else with any updates???? It would be great to hear how others are getting on.

Cheers,

Jersey girl

Solicitors ey! So what about the shower screen and boiler move? Was mentioned before but did anybody requesting either of those and how did they get on?

I hope more information is made available on pyrite for all concerned too!

Good luck

Letter

Hey,

I've just received that letter which I was waiting on, again it is a report from Golder Associates, but I feel a bit happier about it so far. It is a letter from Menolly's solicitors, explaining the situation re: pyrite, and then a further report from Golder. It also confirms that the infill in our property was not taken from the quarry which is at fault for all the pyrite problems over the last few years. That's the biggest relief. I've already snagged, so just to make a decision now...a huge one!

Hey all,

Just to let you know, I received my keys on Monday just gone and moved in on Tuesday. I love it here. There's a great feeling in the place even though most of the building is still empty. I can't wait until more people move in and there's even more of a sense of community. I got the shower doors and bath screen in and stops on the horizontal presses but didn't ask for the boiler to be moved. There's a few things still to be sorted like the intercom from the car park, it wasn't working from the front door but they came and changed them around yesterday. Neil and all the lads on site seem very helpful and get things done fairly lively if asked.

Best of luck to all who are close to closing. Hope to meet you all soon!! :)

Hey all,

Just to let you know, I received my keys on Monday just gone and moved in on Tuesday. I love it here. There's a great feeling in the place even though most of the building is still empty. I can't wait until more people move in and there's even more of a sense of community. I got the shower doors and bath screen in and stops on the horizontal presses but didn't ask for the boiler to be moved. There's a few things still to be sorted like the intercom from the car park, it wasn't working from the front door but they came and changed them around yesterday. Neil and all the lads on site seem very helpful and get things done fairly lively if asked.

Best of luck to all who are close to closing. Hope to meet you all soon!! :)
Hi Jan

Congrats on your move!! I believe you were talking to my dad the other day! He's monitoring the progression of my apartment!!! Dont worry, you wont be there on your own for much longer! i should be in pretty soon....all going well that is!

See you soon""

Hey Niamh,

Yep was speaking to your dad. Great to hear you're moving soon!! I'm loving it here. There's a great feel in the place. I'd say it'll be even better with a few more bodies about the place. :)

Talkcha soon!!

good to see more people moving in, it's been a bit of a ghost town here the last few months!

what's even better is we finally have cleaners coming in to clean the hallways (saves us doing it!), I just wish the builders would stop breaking the gate to the underground car park (seems to be broken every other month). :confused:

Hey guys,

How's everyone getting on???

I'm ready to close! :) It's taken so long for all the bits to come together but things seem to be moving in the right direction this past week. BCM really dragged their heels on everything which to be honest i can't understand as they are the ones who should be trying to move things on to ensure the sale goes through! I'm heading down tomorrow hopefully to do my final inspection with Neil and i'm hoping everything was done. Fingers crossed! Then i'm just waiting for the final paper work to come from BCM and i'm in! I'll be sleeping on the floor for a week or so till i get my floors in but i'll be happy out!!!! :D

I'm really interested in finding out how everyone else is getting on and how many people have moved in ,or are moving in, in the next few weeks.

Today

Hi Jersey Girl,

I'm snagged and all is good and I'm ready to go. I thought I'd be moving in today, but it doesn't look like I can get the keys till Monday. I'm homeless now though, cause I had to be out of my old place yesterday...