Street Lights

kildare_Razor

Hi All

Just rang Abbey Court Homes and spoke to Jacinta re the street lights.I`m sure you guys have noticed that some nights they don`t come on and on other nights they don`t switch on until 11ish.Acoording to Jacinta the electricians are due on site soon to rectify this.We may need to apply some pressure to ensure this is do as the dark nights are approaching fast!

Razor

Cid

Re:

Hi Razor,

Just been on to Cumberwell Construction this morning and they told me the same, that an electician is due to fix. Apparently the lights are solar contolled to come on at a certain brightness and off at a certain darkness.
Nearly knocked down a wheelie bin the other moring reversing, as it was too dark and didn't see it. Just missed it!!.

Cid

pointy

Hi Lads,

I noticed this alright and when it gets dark, its really dark. I assumed that they were on a timer or whatever like most street lights. Then i noticed when i was leaving for work the other morning at around six that they were starting to go off and thats when i realised they were solar powered. So i guess then that the ones that arent coming on are broken because they get plenty of light during the day.

I am not sure how much abbey court will do to be honest but something needs to be done because its way too dark at night.

P

cutter

Hey Folks,

I thought they were still on a summer hours timer or something, but solar....fancy. Does that mean that the sun dosn't ever shine around the pathways by the river, cause I've not seen them on at all....

The mornings are fairly dark alright, and this morning was bloody cold.

On another note, did anyone find the video store!!

Cutter.

pointy

:p Hey cutter! Long time no hear!

The video store? Your joking arent ya???!!!:p As far as i know there isnt one but you never know, it could be hidden somewhere. There is quiet a decent xtravision in kildare town though and you can rent movies for a week at a time now so there wouldnt be a rush getting them back. Let me know if you discover one in the village though!

P

pointy

Hi All,

Does anyone have any news on the street lights. I know a lot of them still arent working and noticed a few more went last night.

P

kildare_Razor

Hi P

The only news I have on the street lights is that 2-3 down by the river/park still aren`t working since the electrician was last out before Christmas.
I didn`t even notice that more have gone out,which ones are they and I`ll put a call into Abbey Court.
Sorry to hear your news about the ceiling,hopefully Abbey Court will sort it out soon.

Razor

pointy

HI Razor,

I actually called abbey court again about the ceiling yesterday and mentioned the lights so at least they know. She said something about the problem being caused by water getting into them. I swear they dont have a clue. I have a note in the diary to call them every couple of days or so about my ceiling and have been talking to my solicitor about getting her involved if i get no joy!

It seems i am not the only one having problems like this though.

P