Rail Painting

munster1

Can i ask why some residents took it on themselves to go off on a tangent and paint the railings on one side of the estate..while i understand they paid for this themselves i feel it to be selfish and all but guarentees that menolly or Fingal will do nothing whatsoever about it now as they are obliged to do..surely we could all have been consulted!!

amelie

Moderator (Beechfield)
railling

I have to agree with you it undermines BERA if it was done with the RA surely they would have communicated about it. its hard to get menolly and fingla coco to do anything now with the economic situation so probably why these people did it but still we have a RA and they seem to be getting stronger here so lets not confuse everyone and jsut work together

Can i ask why some residents took it on themselves to go off on a tangent and paint the railings on one side of the estate..while i understand they paid for this themselves i feel it to be selfish and all but guarentees that menolly or Fingal will do nothing whatsoever about it now as they are obliged to do..surely we could all have been consulted!!

Beechfield RA

railings

Hi

There is a very long story to the sitution with the railings and to long to explain on neighbours.ie. However BERA are working on having the painting of the railings completed as soon as possible for all the residents.

If Munster1, Amelie or any other Beechfield resident wants more information on this project please e-mail us directly at beechfieldra@gmail.com. and we will explain all!

Thank you

BERA

Beechfield Estate Residents Assocation

DontLiveInMeath

Pride

I get the impression that people on this site from Beechfield expect all others to fall in line with their opinions and do as they are told. Unfortunately, some of us take pride in where we live.
I believe that BERA have a very important role in what will happen in the estate, but it does not give them the right to undermine others who have got off their behinds and done something positive for their section of the estate. Fingal Co Co and/or Menolly will or will not do what BERA hopes of them, and a few people taking PRIDE in where they live will make no difference to that decision process.
In fact, what some people have failed to note, is that what has been done by a few can be used to point out to them (builder/Co Co) how bad some sections of the railings are when compared to the section which has been worked on by the local people (at their own expense and time with the help of a local businessman who also volunteered his team at his expense). These people have shown that we don't have to wait to be handed things, we can go and address some of these issues ourselves instead of waiting and waiting and waiting.
I say congrats to those who are "doing" and not just "talking" about making this a better place to live.
The tidy towns competition awards prizes annually to cities and towns who are clean. They also give prizes to streets who do the same. Should those people have waited around for their respective councils to clean up their streets and plant flowers and make their place the winner? Possibly. But did they? No!! They got up and did something for themselves because they are proud of where they live.
I, myself, am thankful of living somewhere that some people do not wait around to be handed something. I am thankful that some of us (and I wish I could have said it was me but I can't) are able to galvanise others to get organised and work together to make this an estate to be proud of.
I would hope that these people continue to inspire, and maybe even in the future of our estate, we too can win the cleanest, tidiest, prettiest estate in Ireland. I would stop sitting on my lazy behind to achieve that.
Please, stop moaning, work together, lets make it THE place to want to live..... TOGETHER!!!

I have to agree with you it undermines BERA if it was done with the RA surely they would have communicated about it. its hard to get menolly and fingla coco to do anything now with the economic situation so probably why these people did it but still we have a RA and they seem to be getting stronger here so lets not confuse everyone and jsut work together

tommo

railings

Well said dontliveinmeath.I live facing the railing and was one of the people who got invoved in this project. Firstly I would like to thank the business man who got involved AND we all know WHO he is and who doesn't live in the area and he cared unlike some of the residents who actually live here, I would also like to thank the main organiser. Unlike some of the residents association everyday I had to look at the railings and the state of disrepair that they were in. I now put it to BERA, how quickly can they resolve the rest of the estates railings or is it all talk and no action on their part.
I hope to be involved in more active projects with residents who care in the future and finally well done to all who helped achieve what has been done on the View.

dublin15_kevin

railings

Hi

First of all, great to see recent activity on this much improved site.Lets keep the comments going .......

I am posting as a resident and not as a member of BERA.

In relation to some of the recent posts, As pointed out in Beechfield RA post back on the 12th of October there is a very long story to the sitution with the railings and to long to explain on neighbours.ie.

I do know that BERA are working on having the painting of the railings completed as soon as the weather improves, plus BERA needs to raise funds (between 2k-3k) as well as muster up an army of residents to complete the job, its a big project to do but only the usual residents volunteer when things need doing i.e. clean up day etc..We would need a team of at least 50 +.

I do know that BERA are also trying to get funding from Menolly to do this through local politicans. Menolly still have not completed the handover of the railings or the green areas to Fingal as of yet so the responsibility is still with the builder.

I fully support the residents of the View especially the organiser of this project who got out and did a great job but "don't live in Meath" please explain how BERA undermined the people of the view as pointed out in your post ? In fact when the few residents of the view completed the project along their road,BERA did not ask them for the annual subscription also a resident who was out of pocket of a significant amount (because not all residents paid) from the purchase of materials was re-embursed from BERA funds.

Anyhow this project will be completed in the spring and BERA have a sub-committee formed to oversee this project including those who were involved from the paining on the view. BERA welcomes any resident (beechfieldra@gmail.com ) to join the main or sub committee at any time and put talk into action for the good of the estate.

Tks

Kev

BERA - NOW ON FACEBOOK !

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=105410127295

tommo

hello kevin
i have lived on the view a long time now and have never been asked for a annual fee for the up keep off the estate and would be happy to pay if bera could give me a break down of what the money is spent on because apart from fun days i don see what the money is been spent on the enterance of the estate could do with a steam clean and the organiser of the painting in the view seems to be the only one who gets things done in this estate . so can you get me this info

DontLiveInMeath

Response (opinion oly)

In response to Dublin15 Kevin, I got the impression from previous threads that these people posting were involved with BERA and didn't like being undermined by some people doing rather than talking. I also know of one member of BERA who had approached one of the people who had got off their behind to do some painting (just a volunteer) and had a go over them doing the painting, and they stated that it was against what BERA wanted.
My question at this stage was what is BERA's stance on this as either they are letting others speak for them (or infer it as so) or they don't seem to want to get involved in the discussion.
I agree also with Tommo who stated that he has not been asked for the annual charge once since he moved in to the estate. I moved in when it was built and I have never been asked for it either.
How much is it? What is/has it been used for to date (apart from the family fun day that was mentioned)? Surely, this should have been used for the upkeep of things which we will not get Menolly or FCC to spring for?
Also, where I used to live it was used to fight against things like water charges and bin charges (the latter of which is now an accepted part of everyones annual bills as it was not objected to in a constructive manner by combined Residents Associations throughout the city). Surely considering how new our estate is, the money could have been better used in a constructive and longer lasting manner for the estate.
I have no problem with fun days for the kids in the estate, but surely seperate fundraising for this would have served everyone better.
Either way, I feel that people who had started this thread seemed to be attacking others who did something about not being happy with where they live, and so I felt (as someone who admires the instigator and volunteers good work) someone should defend them. May they continue to do good work for all of us to appreciate in our estate. They make it a better place to live every time.

tommo

hello all can we all just ralley around knock at doors and leaflet houses in the area and arrange a day in the summer to do the railings and the pilliars i would be happy to knock at doors in the estate to collect funds and get people involved in this project the last thing we need is another committe or sub committe to sit around talking about what should be done in the estate lets just get out there and do it .we need more do'ers and less talkers .

DontLiveInMeath

Count me in!!

Go for it Tommo!!!
I would be willing to try raise funds for this, and also to try ensure I could make some time available to help.
But I'll put money on the fact that someone (munster1 or a rep of BERA) will say that we should wait to see what the builder or FCC is willing to do...
Bloody politics, even in our local estate!!!
They will always find a way to slow you down Bud...
Good luck and count me in!! (Either way...)

Beechfield RA

Railings Update

The Beechfield Estate Residents Assocation have fantastic news !

We have secured 20 tins (5 ltr) of Hammerite paint free of charge to carry out painting the front railings of the estate.

More news of how we secured this paint as well as a plan of action for painting the railngs will be discussed at the agm on April 12th, details to follow !

Thanks !

Beechfield RA

PAINTING OF FRONT RAILINGS AT BEECHFIELD
Saturday,
17 July 2010 at 12:00

BEECHFIELD ESTATE RESIDENTS ASSOCATION (BERA)

Start date for railing painting: Saturday July 17th at 12 Noon. Meet at the entrance and if anyone has: paintbrushes, turpentine, drop cloths, scrapers,etc please bring. Surgical gloves to be provided to all volunteers by BERA.

Teams to be x2 and work face-to-face (one on inside, one on outside) of railings.

WE HAVE THE BLACK PAINT (20 X 5LTR TINS OF HAMMERITE) ALL WE NEED NOW IS RESIDENTS TO GET INVOLVED AND SUPPORT YOUR COMMUNITY!

FOR MORE INFO CONTACT BERA beechfieldra@gmail.com

Thanks

Beechfield RA

PAINTING OF FRONT RAILINGS AT BEECHFIELD
Saturday,
17 July 2010 at 12:00

BEECHFIELD ESTATE RESIDENTS ASSOCATION (BERA)

Start date for railing painting: Saturday July 17th at 12 Noon. Meet at the entrance and if anyone has: paintbrushes, turpentine, drop cloths, scrapers,etc please bring. Surgical gloves to be provided to all volunteers by BERA.

Teams to be x2 and work face-to-face (one on inside, one on outside) of railings.

WE HAVE THE BLACK PAINT (20 X 5LTR TINS OF HAMMERITE) ALL WE NEED NOW IS RESIDENTS TO GET INVOLVED AND SUPPORT YOUR COMMUNITY!

FOR MORE INFO CONTACT BERA beechfieldra@gmail.com

Thanks
Due to recent unsettled weather and the forecast for Saturday not looking so good,it has been decided to postpone the planned painting of the railings until a date in the very near future. For further info contact BERA at beechfieldra@gmail.com

Beechfield RA

Dear Residents

We have made a start ,all we need now is your help to complete the job !

Members of BERA and local residents have made a start in the past few days to painting the front railings on Beechfield Road. We will move onto the railings at Beechfield Place and Rise once the Road is completed.

We are now asking for residents to come out and give us a hand to paint the railings, regardless of were you live in the estate we need your help, we all pass the railings coming into and out of Beechfield daily, and a big community effort will get the job done in no time !

Residents and BERA Members will be out on Saturday 23rd and over the next few weeks, come out and join us, spare us a couple of hours, painting can be done anytime ,i.e in the evenings or weekdays what ever suits you

If you have: paintbrushes, turpentine, drop cloths, scrapers,etc , please bring.

For more info or to be allocated a railing section, contact us via e-mail

thank you

BERA

BERA - NOW ON FACEBOOK !

http://www.neighbours.ie/dublin/forumdisplay.php?f=4896

Beechfield RA

Railing painting- we need more help !

Dear Residents

We have made a start ,all we need now is your help to complete the job !

Members of BERA and local residents have made a start in the past few days to painting the front railings on Beechfield Road. We will move onto the railings at Beechfield Place and Rise once the Road is completed.

We are now asking for residents to come out and give us a hand to paint the railings, regardless of were you live in the estate we need your help, we all pass the railings coming into and out of Beechfield daily, and a big community effort will get the job done in no time !

Residents and BERA Members will be out on Saturday 23rd and over the next few weeks, come out and join us, spare us a couple of hours, painting can be done anytime ,i.e in the evenings or weekdays what ever suits you

If you have: paintbrushes, turpentine, drop cloths, scrapers,etc , please bring.

For more info or to be allocated a railing section, contact us via e-mail

thank you

BERA

BERA - NOW ON FACEBOOK !

http://www.neighbours.ie/dublin/forumdisplay.php?f=4896
NEED MORE RESIDENTS TO COME OUT AND HELP !!! PLEASE CONTACT BERA - beechfieldra@gmail.com[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

GAFF

I live in another estate and wandered across this post. tbh I seen someone paint a fews weeks ago, fare play to those that got stuck in, the part I seen looks the business.

Can I ask who/how you sourced the Paint (PM if you wish), as I think ours will need doing in the future.

Beechfield RA

railing project !

:)
The Beechfield Estate Residents Assocation have fantastic news !

We have secured 20 tins (5 ltr) of Hammerite paint free of charge to carry out painting the front railings of the estate.

More news of how we secured this paint as well as a plan of action for painting the railngs will be discussed at the agm on April 12th, details to follow !

Thanks !
I live in another estate and wandered across this post. tbh I seen someone paint a fews weeks ago, fare play to those that got stuck in, the part I seen looks the business.

Can I ask who/how you sourced the Paint (PM if you wish), as I think ours will need doing in the future.
Will be very happy to advise , please send an e-mail to the residents assocation beechfieldra@gmail.com , and we will give you more details