Priory Hall - General Discussion

prioryhall_andy

Hi Kermit,

I recently discovered the same problem with my dishwasher. Of course I only discovered it after dishwasher was delivered and I saw the minimum depth in the manual. So now I've a half opened dishwasher sitting in the middle of my kitchen floor!

How did you resolve it? Did you move the pipes and if so, did you get the builders themselves to do it?

Cheers

Kermit

Dishwasher

Hi Andy,

I had another closer look and it seems the pipes at the back can be moved to be on top of each other which should reduce the amount of space needed at the back to only 3-4 cm's which should make it ok. My DIY skills are below average I'd say, getting there though now!

The builders seem to think that it will fit even with the piece of wood at the bottom, I know dishwashers are built tilting in at the bottom but I have serious doubts, but they've been right about most things so far. It's worth just going and asking them to come have a look at it, they don't seem to mind, we've had them up a few times for unfinished things. We should get the dishwasher soon so I'll let you know how we get on.

Bye! :)

Rose

Dishwasher

Is is an integrated dishwasher? I asked the builders to fit mine and paid them for it as a nixer, it did seem to be a tough enough job as it took two of them a couple of hours but was well worth it as they organised everything and did have to move something behind but I thought it was the socket.

prioryhall_andy

Hi Kermit,

Just to let you know the plumber came up and was able to move some pipes around to make it fit. The main problem was the waste pipe from the sink (big white one) was sitting out in front of some copper piping. Anyway, once it was put behind, the dishwasher fitted in. It's a snug fit, but at least it's not jutting out. Have to say that the guys on site have been great with any problems like that.

Anyway, good luck with the dishwasher!

Cheers,
Andy

Max

Hi,

Got a whopper of a gas bill yesterday. I am at work all day, only really there in the evenings and at weekends, yet my bill looked like I was paying for the whole block and not just my apartment. I called Bord Gais to check was it an estimate, they said no.

Can anyone advise if 200+ is expensive ?

P

prioryhall_audrey

Hi max that seems very high alright ours is noramlly about 80-100max do you use the timer and are you sure you havent left that swicth in the hot press turned on by mistake or anything you should just check that everything is knocked off properly and maybe invest in a few wollies jumpers to keep you warm instead :) ....

Max

Thanks Audrey, I thought the switch in the hotpress (The red one that lights up when its on) was for heating the water with electricity?

woodseb

ours was about 120, which isn't too bad. the only use for gas is the heating and cooker. the switch in the hot press is the immersion which is electric

bigchicken

Mine was 83 euro. I use the gas for heating and for cooking.
I reckon between morning & evening I have the gas on for 3-4 hours a day.

kingo

Same as woodseb and big chicken, 99 yo yos for the last 2 months. Heating timed for avg 4 hrs a day. And a little gas for cooking.

glasnevin

Max, my gas bill was 247.00, I nearly passed out peacefully.Its usually 80/100 max. Liek u, I presumed it was an etimate but it wasnt.I had the timer on for two hours in the morning and for 5 in the evenings since Nov. Never again itll be rations of heating and an extra duvet!!

bigchicken

Hey
I snagged this weekend.. seems to be ALOT to do.. how long were you guys waiting after your snag :rolleyes:
I think I did 4 snags in the end.
Did the first one in June and got keys in November.
I had to keep hassling them. I called over to the site at least once a week and asked for an update and to see the apartment.

clairew

leaf blowers!

Is anyone else in Parklands drove crazy with the leaf blowers! This morning at 8:30 right outside the bedroom window. It is driving me crazy!

mark2

It makes me really sad to read this section going back to 2007 and the excitement of people moving in snag lists etc. But even then you could see Coalports laziness or not adressing peoples concerns. Now look at the mess they are in. That Mc ***** fella is some bollix !