Parking

Mahin

What is the policy on parking in our estate? My understanding is that there are 1.5 spaces per house. Where I'm located the layout is divided 3 spaces for every two houses. However one house with 3 cars is now parking in 3 spaces. The result of this is that my house and my next door neighbour have no visitor parking space. This may sound petty but it is quite infuriating...

Craig

Fortunately not been an issue for myself as yet but I'm sure are more and more people move in it could become a problem for alot of us.
Best suggestion I can give you is contact DNG, Durkan's and or the management company O'Dwyer Property Management and ask them.
If you get any clarification please post a reply and let us know?

FunkyCow

Allocations

I was told by DNG that the 3 bedsget two spaces and the 2 beds 1 - but aren't some of the terraces all 3 beds?

Also, the new arrivals are parking all over the place as you enter the estate - what can be done about this?

Craig

I was told by DNG that the 3 bedsget two spaces and the 2 beds 1 - but aren't some of the terraces all 3 beds?

Also, the new arrivals are parking all over the place as you enter the estate - what can be done about this?
I wasn't aware that there were any 2beds house but I could be wrong....my thinking (which I'm glad to say works on our street) is where there are only 3 spaces shared between 2 3bed houses each house gets 1 space and it's a first come first served for the spare....I guess it's a case of common courtesy if this thinking is adhered to by everyone, if not it could become an estate of warring neighbours I hope it doesn't develop into the latter.

My suggestion is if our fellow neighbours (new or old) don’t adhere to this thinking try talking to them and request they leave 1 space for each house, difficult thing to do but I would like to think if made aware of the issue they’ll be more considerate in where they park.

Hopefully this doesn’t develop into a major issue but if it does then best talk to the management company etc but not sure if they can really enforce anything so best we resolve this ourselves.

Mahin

I do think that the parking situation will put people off buying in Beech Park though. It's much more obvious now than at the initial launch that there's going to be overcrowding. Most households now have two cars on average and it's not too much to expect that you can park these cars outside your own front door.
I've noticed a lot of the affordable housing units don't have any off street parking. Disgraceful.

Craig

Shannon, I'm not aware if there is any allocated parking for any property in our estate but I could be wrong.
Funkycow's post below does indicate roughly how the allocation should be.

Mahin, I agree the parking may put some folks off from buying here.
I see alot of folks are now parking on the main road near the Duplexes which isn't a great sign of things to come.....is parking there illegal?

Mahin

As far as I know it's very difficult to enforce illegal parking in a private housing estate. So I would imagine that parking on the side of the street is only going to get worse as more folks move in.

FunkyCow

The property management company should enforce the parking - there is at least 1 space per household - most of the problems on the main road into the development is that people are lazy and don't use their allocated spaces

crono

Parking along main road through estate

Hi, i am not going to pay the management fees until all the cars parking along the main road through the estate stop. There are plenty of spaces at the back of the duplex apartments. Now only 1 car can pass down because of all the cars parked on the side of the road. To turn onto my road we have to drive on the wrong side of the road, only a matter of time before there will be an accident. Anybody else have this problem?

Craig

Hi, i am not going to pay the management fees until all the cars parking along the main road through the estate stop. There are plenty of spaces at the back of the duplex apartments. Now only 1 car can pass down because of all the cars parked on the side of the road. To turn onto my road we have to drive on the wrong side of the road, only a matter of time before there will be an accident. Anybody else have this problem?

I totally agree....have you logged a call about this to the management company?

crono

hi craig

i will log a call this week. i don't mind people parking there when they first move in to unload items but its started to get a bit out of hand.

flashgit

hi crono

did you get any joy with the mgmt company re parking along the main road,
i agree it is an accident waiting to happen,

also has anyone paid the managment fees yet? not sure we are getting value for money

oreilly21

this is becoming more and more of a problem and again it is with the duplex apartments.

we are living in the 3 bed 3 storey houses and are still the only house occupied on the road. however people from the duplex apartments are obviously heeding the letters they got in relation to parking on the road and are now parking directly outside my house.

this is a small enough problem at the moment but what happens when everyone moves in to the rest of the road? i find it a little bit rude to park directly outside someones front window when you know that the house is occupied. the basic fact of the matter is that there is not enough parking close enough to the duplexes in question. i have been on to the management company and on to Durkans about this but both are trying to pass the book and avoid giving me an answer so far.

watch this space because this will become a major issue sooner rather than later.....

Craig

this is becoming more and more of a problem and again it is with the duplex apartments.

we are living in the 3 bed 3 storey houses and are still the only house occupied on the road. however people from the duplex apartments are obviously heeding the letters they got in relation to parking on the road and are now parking directly outside my house.

this is a small enough problem at the moment but what happens when everyone moves in to the rest of the road? i find it a little bit rude to park directly outside someones front window when you know that the house is occupied. the basic fact of the matter is that there is not enough parking close enough to the duplexes in question. i have been on to the management company and on to Durkans about this but both are trying to pass the book and avoid giving me an answer so far.

watch this space because this will become a major issue sooner rather than later.....
Couldn't agree more I logged a call to ODPM too lets hope they can sort this out before it gets out of hand

Craig

As there has been no real improvement on the parking situation, I'm considering contacting Kildare county council and see if they can do anything, or at least force Durkan's to look at putting in new parking areas to try and get these cars off the main road....Hate to be the voice of doom but I fear this is just an accident waiting to happen and if not sorted out before Durkan's move offsite completely this will never get sorted.
What do you guys think?

Craig

New Parking sign errected

Just noticed the property management company have errected a sign at the worst offending location warning folks to not park on the street and blind spots etc.
This is a step in the right direction lets hope folks take notice of this sign and refrain from parking here.
However I still see a whole lines of cars etc parked along this road but as not sure when the sign was errected it may take a bit of time before things improve, fingers crossed.

laurarey1

Car spaces

this is becoming a big problem for me, there is a person living in a corner duplex who likes to park in one of our 2 car spaces...which means we have to park on the side of the road which is breaking the rules of the managment company..we have a young baby and have to lug buggies and bags from the car at the other side of the road this is very dangerous....

wen she is not parking in our spot she parks on the corner right outside her home, there could be a child behind that car that you cant see... she is actually blockin the dip in the path for people to cross safely aswell...

I am also not paying managment fees until this problem is sorted and will also contact the the management company....

Please giv me your opinions...

kildare_Woody

1. Have you put a note under there wiper blade, regarding the kerb parking, they could be oblivous to the Hazard they pose. Parking in undesignated area's only fuels the issue as when your neighbour's see you parked there, they think its also OK for them too. (when in rome.....)

2. All the car spaces are communional, so the spaces outside your home arn't exclusive to you. I encounter the same issue, but double park, while I load or unload, then park appropriately. Its a pain in the O'neills sometimes but theres bigger problems in my life.

The mgt. co. are like Harvey Norman, 1 year contract no interest !

FunkyCow

how long before a kid is knocked down?

I nearly ran over a young kid as I drove down to the back of the estate. He ran out from between the parked cars and didn't even spot my big shiny car! We need those cars away from the main drag. I can't wait until the local authority take over the roads as I will petition for yellow lines and pester the Guards to enforce it!