Parents parking for St Marys and St Josephs

Hi all,

I notice that at the moment parking in the lay by and the car park adjacent to the funeral home/St. Josephs College is free; however, it is very conjested. This is partly as a result of pay and display throughout the rest of the village attracting all day commuter parking.

I think that the church/local authorities (i.e. the landowners) should consider introuducing limited pay parking for these areas so as to spread the availability of parking for more of the driving public.

PS. I don't use these areas to park, but just think there should be more than one section of the public availing of the very limited parking spaces.

audsmcm

Hi all,

I notice that at the moment parking in the lay by and the car park adjacent to the funeral home/St. Josephs College is free; however, it is very conjested. This is partly as a result of pay and display throughout the rest of the village attracting all day commuter parking.

I think that the church/local authorities (i.e. the landowners) should consider introuducing limited pay parking for these areas so as to spread the availability of parking for more of the driving public.

PS. I don't use these areas to park, but just think there should be more than one section of the public availing of the very limited parking spaces.
Hi veronica,
regarding the parking it is very annoying but even worse when i as a parent bring my daughter to school have to go on the road as i cant get passed with te buggie with the cars parked up on th e path,i teach my daughter to cross at the lollipop man so feel i shouldnt have to try and cross any where else,one of theese there is going to be an accident,.:

I agree with you audsmcm. The parking on the footpath not only happens at school hours but the added problem of Pieta House and Conways Garage result in an increased risk of an accident happening. It won't be long until something serious happens before any action is taken by the authorities.