Noise pollution - House Alarm going off for the last 3 hours

milkyway

The alarm in one of the houses is going on for the last 3 hours. I hope the owner has a good time being away for the weekend, but I want my PEACE TOOOO!People! Please, if you go away, leave your key to your next door neighbour! What's the point of putting the alarm on, if nobody is checking on the house.I called Garda in hope they will come and disable the alarm from the outside. Unfortunately, I was told they will only come to see, if the house wasn't broken into. Does it mean there is no regulations about noise pollution in Ireland? Can anything be done, if the noise lasts long?

fatfrog16

Hi there,
The alarm are supposed to be configured only to go off for a set period. After that time expires it should go silent as far as I know this was in the "Rule book" that our friends SPM issued with us when we moved in.

I will try dig mine up to confirm for you

Wayne

milkyway

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your reply. I've found the House Rules and one of the regulations there says "Burglar alarm sirens must be fitted with a 20-minute switch off limit." Unfortunately that was not the case that night. Hopefully it won't happen again, because the following day I went to talk to this neighbour. She was in the house, but didn't open the door for me. So I left her a little note saying what had happened when she had been away and suggested to leave the spare key with her next door neighbour next time.