New development beside hansted

fatfrog16

Ay comments or complaints on this development let me know. The residents are meeting up with the builder this week. Cant believe the main access is through our estate :mad:

milkyway

New development

I'm not happy with the new development at all, esp. with all the agreements, which were made without our knowledge. I don't know, if u are aware of the fact, that when the new estate will be finished, they will take the fence off and their residents are going to enter and exit their estate through Hansted Road. There will be 61 units ( 17 of 2 bed units and 44 of 3 bed units) there with 121 car parking spaces, so we will have lots of extra cars going through our estate and of course some extra noise. We were told at the last AMG meeting, that the new development is not going to be the council houses estate, but I don't believe that. The whole thing is very strange - who is building some new houses, when there is so many ghosts estates around Dublin?
When is the meeting with the builders?

fatfrog16

The RC met with SPM the other night to seek an audience with Tierra (main builders) to voice a number of concerns that alot of people have with the whole site. SPM had very few answers for our questions but we did request clarity on the type of hoseing that was goig to be in place, they assured us that it was NOT for social housing and the estate was fully private (still needs to be verified by Tierra.

At present there is only plans to build 1 show unit (which is 4 dwellings) aparently if the feedback is good they will build on a per deposit received ratio. Agreed the whole traffic thing is a mess but accordig to SPM this permission was granted many years ago and there is practically nothing we can do about it.

The fence is owned by Tierra and they can aparentyl take it down / leave it up at their discression. If and when the units are build the plan is to take it down with no physical boundry (wall or fence ) and just have some landscaping in place alongside the piece of land on the Drive and the Dale.

Hope this clears up some of your questions ? the more info I get I will post here

milkyway

Thanks for your reply. At the last AGM I was shocked to hear that the residents of the new development are going to access their estate through Hansted. The girl representing SPM tried to convince me I was the only one not aware of that fact. According to her Tierra Ltd. informed about it in their site notice. Everyone who read, knows it is not true.
Anyway, thanks again for all your information.

fatfrog16

No worries, Little bit of an update for you. We have asked multiple qustions for Tierra to respond to (sent 2 weeks back) so we are waiting on a response. The facts according to SPM are :
1. Only a show unit will be built and pending interest more will be developed
2. The units are for sure not being built as social housing the estate is private
3. There will not be a dividing wall or boundery fence seperating the estates

As I get more info I will post this