Milners Residents

dublin9_poppy

anyone know for sure if this contract to buy completed apartments is legally enforceable.
has anyone been offered their apt at reduced price.

annkaren

Just a comment on the letter-

Kelly Walsh state they have been been apointed selling agents but do not say who has appointed them to this role.

It is rather strange that this agent has been given the names and addresses of people who had contracts with Laragan to purchase apartments in Milners Square in advance of the liquidator making any direct contact with us.
i havent been on here in a while and surprised to hear this latest news. I have heard nothing form solicitors liquidators or anyone else since last year when they went into liquidation.

I already thought block f was completed being one of the two that was and block d was the one that was only half built. I assume no-one has heard anything about getting any of their money back from the sale of these apartments

Shanowen

What happens if they want to sell a unit someone has already signed for? Does the first buyer have any say and can the deposit be recovered when the unit is sold to someone else?

mosby

Does anyone know how the people who had signed contract for the Laragans development in Carrickmines Green were dealt with?
Any information would be welcome.

Renegade

Does anyone know how the people who had signed contract for the Laragans development in Carrickmines Green were dealt with?
Any information would be welcome.
Yes, I was one of those people. They put my apartment up for sale without contacting me or my solicitor first. As it happens I no longer wished to complete and had made this known to Laragan's solicitors long ago so I was happy just to forfeit my deposit.

annkaren

Yes, I was one of those people. They put my apartment up for sale without contacting me or my solicitor first. As it happens I no longer wished to complete and had made this known to Laragan's solicitors long ago so I was happy just to forfeit my deposit.
I am not surprised you didnt hear anything from those robbers. Hopefully you have found somewhere else since and maybe even got a better deal :)

Renegade

I doubt any of us will ever see our money again :(
The fact they sold it on without consulting me first probably means I have a case to get my deposit back but my solicitor said it's very unlikely you'll get any money out of them at this stage. I believe all the money raised from the fire sale in Carrickmines Green went straight to Anglo Irish who were the main creditor for that development and nobody else is getting a penny.

mosby

Thanks for the reply Renegade. It must be a relief to know that chapter is finally closed. The money we have paid out as deposits plus legal fees is gone but at least our situation is a lot better than buyers whose apartments were finished and who had to close the sales.

I think the government should be forced to bring in proper controls for the building industry so that this situation would not happen again.

annkaren

Thanks for the reply Renegade. It must be a relief to know that chapter is finally closed. The money we have paid out as deposits plus legal fees is gone but at least our situation is a lot better than buyers whose apartments were finished and who had to close the sales.

I think the government should be forced to bring in proper controls for the building industry so that this situation would not happen again.
The government in this country will never do anything to help the common man :mad:

annkaren

I received offer of apartment today at reduced price starting at 175k for 2 bed. This is for apt in block e or f, I bought in D which will not be completed in the short term, anyone else get this letter??

I received offer of apartment today at reduced price starting at 175k for 2 bed. This is for apt in block e or f, I bought in D which will not be completed in the short term, anyone else get this letter??
I hear the offer letters are in circulation alright.
AK - I think there is little chance of Block D ever being built - who would be mad enough to take this job on? 175k is a reasonable price for apartments that were in excess of 400 k at the peak although I would be worried who will buy them at this price. I would also be seriously worried about the "risks" of buying on this development given it's history. I would also make sure that Hanly has nothing to do with Management Company, Cabling Company etc... The guarantee of the build would also need to be considered especially after a roof getting blown off similar development in Carrickmines last winter. Also, selling agents only agenda here is retrieving as much money as possible in the "short term" for the banks.

GD3JG3

Anyone know whether these guys are going to give a €15,000 "discount" to purchasers who have already being robbed of our money???