mildew

Hi I was wondering is there anyone with this problem ,I have very bad dampness in my apartment since the beginning when we first moved in,i had the contractor out to check were the dampness and mildew was coming from as all my clothes has green stains on them ,this is in the wardrobes my shoes are the same,you open the drawers and it smells awful my blinds are in bits,its bad for people that have kids as it will effect them in later life.Has anyone else have this problem and what did they do about it,as durkins who build the apartments said not to block the vents on windows which we didn't ,please has anyone else got this problem

Hi Littlepea,

I'm battling damp/mould/mildew since the beginning in this development , I have thrown out entire rooms right down to skirting to try solve it.
The problem is the trickle vents and that normal levels of moisture cannot escape the apartment .
The only help I have found so far is a dehumidifier - they are around €200 and help a good bit.
I had a company out a few years ago who read the air humidity for me it was standing at 77% which is right around optimal humidity for bacteria and mould growth , so yes your right its very bad for health , I have the antibiotics,steroids and inhalers to prove it !

build

hi i was wondering is there anyone with this problem ,i have very bad dampness in my apartment since the beginning when we first moved in,i had the contractor out to check were the dampness and mildew was coming from as all my clothes has green stains on them ,this is in the wardrobes my shoes are the same,you open the drawers and it smells awful my blinds are in bits,its bad for people that have kids as it will effect them in later life.has anyone else have this problem and what did they do about it,as durkins who build the apartments said not to block the vents on windows which we didn't ,please has anyone else got this problem
what year was the apartments build,i know they were completed in 2006