Managment Company

Jomango

Does anyone find that the management company just don't do anything they've ever said they would do? Almost 3 years in there's still nothing being done about the parking.

starman666

Well Im from Waterville just across from you , and our management company said last year they were going to paint the building,and still nothing done.are you with KPMG??

Jomango

Haven't been on for a good bit was studying a lot. No not with KPMG. They haven't sent out notice of the AGM for this year, it was done and dusted at this stage last year. Also the car clamping has been non-existent. They put up signs, took them down, then sent out notifications saying the notices would be up again in a few weeks but months later still nothing and the parking situation at the entrance to Erris Square is worse than ever!!

livvie

Yes i agree, dont know what they do be doing in the offices but they never answer the phone...i usually have to leave numerous voicemails before i get through!!

Im having problems with damp on the walls and a leak in my apartment at the moment and not sure what to do, checked the contract we got from the management company and it looks like this sort of thing is covered but sure can't do anyhting about it untill someone contacts me from the management company...will have to just keep calling them!!

swordshead

The car parking situation is an absolute joke at this stage. Ive asked them numerous times about it and they have just fobbed me off saying they cant decide on a clamping company. Joke.

I cant believe how inconsiderate the residents in the first half of the estate have been during the recent snow. The entire path from the entrance onwards was parked on, reducing the estate to one ridiculously narrow dangerous lane. It made my blood boil as a driver trying to avoid or manouevere (sp?) for oncoming cars and also trying to see around the cars parked right at the entrance. People really only think of themselves its shocking. I cant wait fro clamping to be brought in tbh, but at the rate the Mgt Co are going about it itll be awhile yet.:mad:

swordshead

Personally im delighted, but its a weird set up. The bottom right diagonal section is meant to be visitors/overflow but i seen a car clamped this morning. What was that about?

It seems to be working well, but i think the "non clamping" section needs to be advertised better.

hardcore06

the visitors area is a joke, no cc TV, no clear signs for visitors. i have agreed a payment plan with the management company 3 weeks ago and still have no permit. what a joke of a company, my car was wreaked in the visitors car park. the door was bent back and they pulled all the wires out of it. who the **** is going to pay for that.i cant afford to get it fixed. It has become nothing but hassle to live up here. my windows have never been washed as far as im concerned.I am bringing the management company to court over my car and they are not getting another ****ing penny from me ever again.

swordshead

While i agree cctv and more signs are essential im sure they'll come in time. How long have you been living here? Clamping was always on the cards and if you havent been paying your Mgt fees well ive not one ounce of sympathy for you. If you've only agreed a payment plan 3 weeks ago why should they just hand you over a permit if theyve barely received one payment from you???Im actually quite shocked at how full the overflow car park is..would love to know what % of them are non fee payers also?:mad:

Theyre one of the better management companies ive dealt with to be honest and have been very transparent with anything they proceed with.

As for the windows they were all done in July last year...all windows. Window washing is itemised in the balance sheet as a once a year job and no more.If people dont pay their fees this will be one of the first things to be dropped off the list.

swordshead

I am bringing the management company to court over my car and they are not getting another ****ing penny from me ever again.
Oh with an attitude like that you wont be seeing a permit anytime soon. Cop on will ya, your car couldve been damaged in any section of Erris, the fact that you were relegated to the bottom of the square is not their fault...but yours!!!:mad:

madmaximus

Parking

I agree that the parking situation is very unfair especially for people with 2 cars and who are living at the front of the development.

It is a 5 minute walk to the overflow/visitors car park, if you have to do this 4 or 6 times (over and back) a day it is very inconvenient and impractical when its raining, or the car is required to be defrosted and even the most basic of tasks like bringing home shopping are affected.

Also....there is zero security down there, the management company have left themselves open to claims if car are damaged as they have instructed residents to park down there as oppossed to anywhere people want to once it is an official parking space. If they wanted residents to park out of sight from their respective apartments security cameras should have been installed. Already there has been at least one break in.

Another issue is that the overflow has been full on more than once occassion while the rest of the development may be over half empty - where are residents with two cars or visitors suppossed to park then?

Why were these zones introduced? i agree that people should only be able to park in an official/outlined space but unfortunately this seems to be a money making racket on behalf of the clampers and the mgt company. Unless this is changed at the next EGM I will be withholding my management fees and will be advising all those affected to do likewise.

My suggestion is that the permits are done away with and people are only clamped if they park outside the lined spaces.

swordshead

and who the **** are you to tell me when im getting my permit?
One of your continuous fee paying neighbours for 3 1/2 yrs thats who, who is covering your cleaning,maintenance,bins,window washing etc etc :rolleyes::mad: while you moan about your car getting damaged after only just starting to pay your effing fees.

You sound like such a pleasure to deal with.You have NO right to complain whatsoever.

swordshead

My suggestion is that the permits are done away with and people are only clamped if they park outside the lined spaces.
Id agree with you there. Clamping was always mentioned and the resulting setup is very unfair for 2 car households. The overflow hasnt been big enough on a number of occassions you're right there. People were just incredibly selfish and parked on the paths believing they owned that space just because it was in front of their home. Im glad thats gone but its a less than perfect situation thats resulted.

madmaximus

I have to disagree with swordhead....its is if not directly well definetly indirectly the fault of the management company that a car was broken into down there...it is the only part of the complex that is in hidden and they have instrcuted residents to park down there without the installation of CCTV footage is a very foolish on their behalf.

As anybody knows you dont instruct somnebody to do something unless you have all your bases covered and don't leave yourself open to question. If my car is damaged i will be holding the mgt company 100% responsible. I have parked at the front of the development for 3 yrs without issue but am not one bit comfortable or happy parking where the chances of my car being damaged are greatly increased.

In the winter once it is much darker the chances for damage /breakins will also increase.

On a seperate note, it is up to each resident how they deal with the mgt company - be it in relation to paying fees or other topics, who is anyone to dictate!!

hardcore06

While i agree cctv and more signs are essential im sure they'll come in time. How long have you been living here? Clamping was always on the cards and if you havent been paying your Mgt fees well ive not one ounce of sympathy for you. If you've only agreed a payment plan 3 weeks ago why should they just hand you over a permit if theyve barely received one payment from you???Im actually quite shocked at how full the overflow car park is..would love to know what % of them are non fee payers also?:mad:

Theyre one of the better management companies ive dealt with to be honest and have been very transparent with anything they proceed with.

As for the windows they were all done in July last year...all windows. Window washing is itemised in the balance sheet as a once a year job and no more.If people dont pay their fees this will be one of the first things to be dropped off the list.

i have been living here since sept 07.i was one of the first in. I always pay my
fees but this year i just don't have €800 to give them. so i told them i would pay €100 a month, of which i have gave the €200 so far, so get off your high horse there pal. It must be great to have loads of money. as for the windows....There is more crows nesting around here than any were else in Ireland and in case you haven't notice they **** a lot. So as i said before they wont be getting another red cent off me till my car is fixed.

hardcore06

One of your continuous fee paying neighbours for 3 1/2 yrs thats who, who is covering your cleaning,maintenance,bins,window washing etc etc :rolleyes::mad: while you moan about your car getting damaged after only just starting to pay your effing fees.

You sound like such a pleasure to deal with.You have NO right to complain whatsoever.
you are not covering anything for me.For the past 3 years i have paid in full. And of course ill moan about my car getting broken into, would you not??

i have every right to complain and bring them to court and by god i will. its crazy what they are doing around here.

hardcore06

I have to disagree with swordhead....its is if not directly well definetly indirectly the fault of the management company that a car was broken into down there...it is the only part of the complex that is in hidden and they have instrcuted residents to park down there without the installation of CCTV footage is a very foolish on their behalf.

As anybody knows you dont instruct somnebody to do something unless you have all your bases covered and don't leave yourself open to question. If my car is damaged i will be holding the mgt company 100% responsible. I have parked at the front of the development for 3 yrs without issue but am not one bit comfortable or happy parking where the chances of my car being damaged are greatly increased.

In the winter once it is much darker the chances for damage /breakins will also increase.

On a seperate note, it is up to each resident how they deal with the mgt company - be it in relation to paying fees or other topics, who is anyone to dictate!!

Fair play to you i agree with every thing you said, who ever broke into my car could of been at it for hours, there is no cctv no gates no apts looking on to the car park its madness, why cant they number each car parking spots and leave some blank for visitors and 2nd cars?? They have it in other parts of waterville

Donkeygo

You ar all so sad!! Did any of you went for the last meeting for erris square?? That's what ppl can do d best complain but do not do any action!!

Seashell

Moderator (Aran Court)
I think you guys are mixing up Management Company (the legal entity made up of all owners) and Management Agent (SPM). Problems like permits and day to day issues have to do with SPM.

We in Aran Court will no longer be managed by SPM after 25 June. Hopefully a new agent will help us to make progress on outstanding issues.