Manaement Company

Max

Hi,

I came home from work to see a bill from O Farrell property management for €1200 from them for Yearly service charge in advance... This period will cover Jan 01 08 till Dec 08. I paid them €1200 in Sep 07 when I closed. The cheek of them.... I can hardly see out my windows for the dirt!! The state of the commual areas, especially the inside of the lifts.. Did anyone else get this?

According to the document they also sent, they as the "Managing agent" are responsible for essential services including lighting in the communal areas... so could they not get the lights turned off during the day, surely this is a total waste of energy and money ( our money).

I am really getting sick of Coalport and O Farrell PM, I tried calling Trinity Sports and Leisure club to see if we could use their facilities to have a meeting asap but unfortunately they are in the middle of renovations. Can someone suggest a venue and a date that we can all get together before this situation gets totally out of control... if it has not already!!

wolrabp

Hi Max,

We got the same bill, as I expect did everyone else, we also got a separate letter showing that we are credited the months for last year that we were not residents, i.e. before we signed. If you signed in September you should only be paying for September to December 2007.

Besides that, I spoke to the management company a while back and they explained the situation. They have snagged the buildings, common areas disgraceful finish on brickwork outside, no trees or shrubbery to speak of and have put this to the builders. The builders as usual are not being helpful and have been dragging their heals.

I was told that we should not hold our breaths to see the brickwork cleaned up and any trees planted, (which I assumed was part of the plan for the avenue running through our development)

So effectively the management "agent" have taken over some things but not others.

I totally agree about the windows, they are an absolute disgrace and something should also be done about the electricity bill straight away. There are plenty of good solutions out there, like timed switches etc.

Probably a good idea to form a committee......

bigchicken

I agree on forming a committee, its really the only way to progress the issues. What about the Donaghmede Inn for a meeting? Fine Gael held one there recently in relation to management companies.

In relation to the fees - OFPM have credited peoples account with the fees for last year. So for example I closed in November and paid full fees then. I have now been credited back with the money from Jan to November 07 so I only actually owe 186 euro for 2008. It makes sense to have everyone paying the fees at the same time of year, it would be too difficult to manage otherwise.

In fairness to OFPM their hands are tied also on a lot of things. They are not the management company - we are. All OFPM can do is try to get the current directors of the management company (Coalport) to progress things while trying to keep things running. It worries me that people will stop paying management fees, if this happens we will not be able to sell our apartments in the future.

For anyone still confused about management agents/companies and our responsibilities as residents, this document is very good.

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/Campaigns/Management Companies Booklet.pdf

bernadette

Donaghmede inn sounds good to us! My BoyF rang the management co.
today as we got the same letter and they clarified that we also, (we moved in 3 weeks ago) wouldn't be charged, as wasn't made clear in the letter. BAD MGT if you ask me:confused: , Anyhow i work nights so notice would be great so i can attend , and can we make sure a rep is there from management co. to answer our questions as i'm sure we all have a huge amount to ask!
I can definitely get graingers in baldoyle if DI is not avail!

wolrabp

Fair play for putting up that link BC, it's very informative. I would recommend everyone read it. Key points are:

-Residents own the Management Company
-The Management Company employ an Agent i.e. O Farrell Property Management
-The builders currently head the board of the Management company as they still own some of the apartments (nightmare)
-At present There is no fixed time in which the builders have to hand over control to residents.
-This one is interesting: If you don't pay your fees they can be taken out of the price of your apartment when trying to sell!

There is lots of other stuff in there that is relevant also...

Done01

done01

I work with a guy who bought in balrothery built no less by coalport. They are 2 years down the line and in court cases trying to get them to finish their development...I only wish I had spoken to him about it before I bought the place, things are bad for them from windows not to fire regulations and the green area not finished with rubble in it so kids cant play, similar to us they have one site not finished and holding all their stuff on it..as such the council dont deem it their issue as they have not handed over all sites from their control. Coalport have it under wraps as long as they keep a site open or unfinished there is not a lot we can do.

From reading the blog there is alot of interest in meeting but it is talked about a long time now. How about next Wednesdat 21st May - 8pm Donaghmede inn or as suggested graingers or better yet the common area at the gate entrance to either the north or south block carpark?? Lets just put pen to paper on a date we can go from there to arrange other meetings.

bigchicken

How about next Wednesdat 21st May - 8pm Donaghmede inn or as suggested graingers or better yet the common area at the gate entrance to either the north or south block carpark?? Lets just put pen to paper on a date we can go from there to arrange other meetings.
Suits me. Do we need to book space in one of those places?

I'll start this list of people available below and if anyone is free can you copy the list and add your name to it. If there are enough people we can go ahead. Might be worth putting notices up your blocks also

Priory Hall Meeting - Wednesday 21st May 8pm

Available Attendees:

Done01
bigchicken

woodseb

i'm guessing neither of you are man united or chelsea fans?;)

maybe you could set another time, unlikely to get room in a pub that day anyway

kingo

Woodseb has a point there about space in the pub on that nibht. I'm not a football fan BTW. How about we say 8pm Thurs - up to you BC.

Jack Jones

Think to be fair to everyone,can we organise it for two weeks.

Think a notice should be put up inside all blocks in advance?

namelock

Mo Money

Im defo intent on going, what date and can we get it posted around and where we havin it ???

BTW a little birdie told me that the management Co is pulling out as of the 31st o may, and i dont f**king blame them. O they tried but sure u may as well be talking to the wall.

:mad: :eek: :mad:

Jack Jones

Folks,

Just to confirm, I received a letter today informing me that O' Farrell Property Management have resigned as managing agents.

Where does this leave us does anyone know?

Managment Company

Yes they have resigned. We need to hold an EGM of the managment company asap and appoint new managing agents. We should invite along some managing agents and see what they can do for us. We need a good one so they can sort out the mess the place is in. But its vital this is done sooner rather than later as of the 31st of March we have no managing agents. Meeting next week sounds good. Only thing is all owners need to be notified and only Coalport have that info.

kingo

I thought that it has been more or less agreed that the meeting would be on the 3,4 or 5th of June.

If one person in each block could post a flyer into each letter box in their own block. Then we could ensure that all have been notified. I am in block 3 so I can do that one.

We need to agree on a date and a venue for the meeting.

woodseb

Yes they have resigned. We need to hold an EGM of the managment company asap and appoint new managing agents. We should invite along some managing agents and see what they can do for us. We need a good one so they can sort out the mess the place is in. But its vital this is done sooner rather than later as of the 31st of March we have no managing agents. Meeting next week sounds good. Only thing is all owners need to be notified and only Coalport have that info.
are you sure we can do this? i think coalport hold all the cards until they hand over the estate

bigchicken

I received my letter also.

Unfortunately I think Woodseb is correct. The board of directors of the management company (who are currently Coalport) will appoint the new agent.

I suggest reading these docos to try to find out our exact position:

http://www.dublincity.ie/Housing/ApartmentOwners/Pages/ApartmentOwners.aspx
http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/Campaigns/Management Companies Booklet.pdf

I have also requested a copy of all the documentation available in relation to the Management company from the Irish Companies Registration Office. I will circulate this to people once I recieve it.

I have also sent an email to TD Terence Flanagan who held a meeting recently about management companies to ask for advise.

I spoke to Coalport about this and apparently a new agent will be appointed but we need to try to have some say in this.

I think a meeting is important now more than ever.

How about Wednesday 4th of June, seeing as people seem to be saying they can't do next week. If that suits people then I will do up a notice that everyone can print out and stick up in your block to notify other residents.

List your name here if you can attend:

Meeting Wednesday June 3rd
bigchicken