Maintenance Van

kildare_ronan_c

Hi All,

were new to the site although living here 2 years and only found out about it at the meeting, very good idea!! did anybody notice the maintanence van in here on saturday morning???? any idea's what that was about??? thought maybe the builder or the auctioneer came to their senses!! :p

pointy

Hi Ronan,

Glad you found the site. Its really useful for information. I didnt notice a van at all. When you say maitenance van, what do you mean, was there a sign on it or something. I am popping into the auctioneers tomorrow to see if there is any news on whether the builder is going to get anything done!

P

kildare_ronan_c

Hi Pointy,

I only seen a plain wine colour van but didnt notice any writing on it, my boyfriend said it has 'something' maintenance on it,he was half asleep going to work at 8.30 that morning so never thought to look properly, but with the weather being so bad they obviously didnt stay long. Maybe if the weather picks up they will be back.
Hope you have some luck with the auctioneers. Sure let us know how you got on, Nat

Preston35

hi all,

sorry i missed the meeting but we were on the hols, same van cutting grass this morning, is this our doing or the auctioneers?

kildare_ronan_c

Hi All,

this is the same van and jeep that was in the estate on Saturday, still dont know who they are and did not have time to stop and ask them today as rushing to work

pointy

Hi All,

I spoke to them. The builder has organised this. The guy hasnt met the builder yet but will be meeting him when he is finished. He was contacted by phone and asked to do this. He doesnt know if this is a one off or long term but has agreed to let us know when he speaks to the builder. I would imagine its a one off and the builder will stick his head back in the sand once its done.

P.

kildare_ronan_c

Least its done for now though and looks tidy, maybe the builder has decided its less hassle to just get it done and sure the houses will not sell if the place is untidy. Does this mean we will wait to see what happens now?? not much point doing anything else until you hear back from that guy?? Nat

pointy

Hi Nat,

We should know what the situation is by the time we collect the contributions on Thursday so we can update everyone then.

P

Hi,

i'm confused as to why your collecting money if the grass is being cut? It shows with a bit of pressure what can be achieved without the residents having to pay themselves..

saly

I agree with you spongebob, I think the builder hopefully realises that in order to sell the remaining houses maintaining the site is a must!

trueblue

Hi,
Spongebob is correct.
I can't understand why money is being collected for grass cutting if the builder has organised to have it cut. People are speculating it will not be cut again. Let's wait and see. I know it is not a large amount of money but people's circumstances are different. Unfortunatley i was not able to make the meeting. Is there another being organised?

pointy

Hi Trueblue,

I posted an update last night re grass cutting. Its in a seperate thread. Basically the builder has not paid for the cut that was carried out last week and cannot be contacted by the guy who did the cut - he is refusing to answer the phone or respond to messages from the guy. Therefore I think its safe to assume that this was a one off and we will be in the same situation again if we do not do something to maintain our estate.

Also, thanks to the understanding and generosity of the majority of residents we now have enough money collected to organise further cuts.

P

kildare_Razor

Hi All

Just an update

Firstly,I have been speaking to the grass cutting guy and the builder hasn`t paid him for the cutting that he has done.When he rings him he gets no answer so it is true to say that the builder won`t be paying for another cut.

Based on this we have 2 choices - 1 to pay for grass cutting ourselves or 2 to let it grow back to the condition it was in a couple of weeks ago.At the meeting this was discussed and a vote taken and 90% of those that attended AGREED that we pay to cut the grass ourselves.Now I know that in principle we shouldn`t have to pay but if we don`t cut the grass ourselves it will grow back to the way it was and we are back to square one again.

I understand that people's circumstances are different and if the sum of €20 is too much maybe this could be tailored to suit an individuals needs.However we only expect to collect approx €200 per household per calander year which would work out at only 55cent per household per day to maintain our estate to the high level we have become used to.

Seperately,the 1st cut that we have paid for is taking place on Friday 19th and the second cut will take place in appox 10 days time.

Again I would like to thank everybody who has contributed and its great to see what can be achieved with a bit of community spirit and a bit of pride in our estate.

Razor

trueblue

Hi Pointy&Razor,

Yes it sounds like the builder couldn't give a damn about the apperance of the estate and would like to wash his hands of it. :mad: Strange really seeing it's also in his interest to keep it looking clean and tidy.:confused: