Kids bikes and toys on roads

cejg

Why do parents allow children to leave their expensive bikes/scooters/toys/buggies etc all over the roads in the estate. Many times I have had to avoid driving over a bike in the middle of the road. Once I reversed out of my drive and a bike went under my car, I was lucky it did not mess up my exhaust. I should have checked before I reversed that there was nothing in my way, but why should I?? I understand stuff being around when its a nice sunny day, but its all the time, nightime, rainy days, when children are not playing with them. Why buy children toys and stuff if they just abandon them? Are parents not teaching their children to respect their belongings???

THE STIG

What

Howdy Cejg,first Of All Let Me Start By Saying Its Nice To See That We Live In An Estate Where Kids Toys Or Belongings Can Be Left Out Without Been Stolen,however I Agree That They Should Not Be Left Out On The Road Or Footpaths,but To Your Comment About Why You Should Not Check Before You Reverse Is That You Are Unbelieveably Lucky That There Was No Child On That Bike At That Time,your Exhaust Would Have Been The Last Of Your Worries,i'm Sure You Would Prefer A Visit To Fastfit Rather Than Somones Funeral,mirrors Are A Great Invention Especially On A Car,i Suggest You Use Them. P.s. I Note That A Free Rules Of The Road Is Been Delivered To Every House In The Country,hopefully They Wing Their Way To The Commons Very Soon.

cejg

I am talking about abandoned toys, not when kids are on them. I am not that stupid to think my exhaust is worth more than a childs life. I am always aware of children playing when driving. As a parent myself, I know the dangers of poor driving and therefore drive with care and attention. I passed my test 10 years ago and think I am experience enough to know the rules of the road. My point is that the toys are left all over the roads, and at nightime when visability is not good, it can be very dangerous. I just don't understand why parents spend a fortune on toys and then allow their children just to leave them anywhere. And by the way, some bikes have been stolen from this estate, and when the kids are crying to their parents and the parents are going mad, I say tough!!! If they were brought up to the house or into the garden, people would not steal them. Its pretty common sense.

THE STIG

Oh Lighten Up!!!

Howdy Sweeties,its Seems As Though You All Like To Make Comments But I Question That You Like Replies That Disagree With Your Own,i Suggest That You Note One Of A Few Things
1. I Agreed That Toys Should Not Be Left On The Road.
2. Number 6 Hasnt Got Curtains.they Had Blinds,ya Know Just Havin A Buzz.
3.have No Bother With The Colour Of Number 116,as I Have Pointed Out In The Past We Are All Individuals.
4.i Have Given Helpful Suggestions.how To Get Rid Of Spiders,warm Tartan Coats On Yorkshire Terriers,and Most Importantly Not To Eat Yellow Or Orange Snow.
P.s Tip Of The Day: Dont Eat Yellow Or Orange Snow.
P.p.s. I Just Like Havin A Buzz,the Sooner You All Realise It The Better For All.
P.p.p.s. Hmmmmmmmmm!!! Still Cant Stop Cant Thinking Of Digestives(ref:spiders)
P.p.p.p.s. Hard To Believe But I Do Look Pretty In Pink.
P.p.p.p.p.s And In Black
P.p.p.p.p.p.s. Etc. Etc. Etc. (said Like The King I)

GREAT NEIGHBOUR

A bit harsh

Stig that was a bit harsh about the worker in the shop. If you knew him you would know that he is a alright guy..

Keep your personal feeling to yourself please.

THE STIG

Open All Hours

Howdy Great Neighbour,love The Name,sure Are We All Not Just That?i Do Know "this Worker",first Of All Let Me Say That My Comments Are Not There To Cause Offence But Sometimes The Truth Will Have That Effect,second Of All I Speak Of Experience,my Experience,and That Is Part Of What This Site Is About.

Foretold Is Forewarned!!! Why Do You Think Many Of Your Fellow Neighbours Most Times Prefer Not To Shop There,ask The Question Up To Everybody To Reply To This,have You All Had Similiar Experiences. Out Of The Three Shops In The Village Or Four If You Include The Garage Which Do You Prefer Going To?
I Shall Keep Posting My Opinions And Hope Everyone Else Does The Same Otherwise This Site Will Be Over And Done With Very Quickly,likewise If You Have Good Experiences Lets Hear Them,example I Find The People In Costcutters To Be Very Pleasant And I Like Giving That Shop My Business Cause I Feel Its Doing The Poorest Out Of The Three.
P.s. Roll On The Aldi. If It Ever Happens.

In agreement I dont understand how Londis can charge 20c more for a loaf of bread than Costcutter. Now I know I have vast wealth (kindly donated by my father) but I am still concious of petty theft. This is a crime Stig. You need to help the caped crusader fight this heinous activity and root out the evil that becomes our quaint, idyllic village.
I have to say that I do prefer the Londis breakfast roll though. To get into the nitty gritty I think it comes down to the pudding. The sausages are better from Costcutter but the pudding is lacking. If we fight hard enough we can get these problems sorted.
I ask you to stand by me now.
Fight for a new tomorrow, with a better breakfast roll! (and maybe cheaper bread).
GIVE US A LONCUTTER!

Looking forward to seeing you all Sunday, hope the day is great success.

Thanks to Andy and all involved, if I can be of assistance just shine the light.

B

;)

THE STIG

Batman Returns

Howdy Bruce,nice To See You Have Come Back,thought You Got Lost In Gotham City,where You Dealing With The Joker,on Average A Can Of Beer Is 20cent More Expensive,milk Is 20-30cent More Expensive,no Wonder Shop Owners Can Drive Cars Equivalent To Your Batmobile Or My Formula 1 Cars,indeed It Is True Criminals Used To Wear Masks,it Seems These Days They Get Away With Wearing A Smile,just Like Your Joker.

P.s. Delighted To See You Have Lightened Up Lets Have More Of It.

meath_pinky

how dare you

I am talking about abandoned toys, not when kids are on them. I am not that stupid to think my exhaust is worth more than a childs life. I am always aware of children playing when driving. As a parent myself, I know the dangers of poor driving and therefore drive with care and attention. I passed my test 10 years ago and think I am experience enough to know the rules of the road. My point is that the toys are left all over the roads, and at nightime when visability is not good, it can be very dangerous. I just don't understand why parents spend a fortune on toys and then allow their children just to leave them anywhere. And by the way, some bikes have been stolen from this estate, and when the kids are crying to their parents and the parents are going mad, I say tough!!! If they were brought up to the house or into the garden, people would not steal them. Its pretty common sense.
how dare you,you say you are not stupid,however you feel that you should not look behind you before you reverse(stupid)you say you are driving 10 years and think that its enough experience for driving(stupid),driving is like life a constant learning experience.

and now you want to blame,the parents for wanting the best for their kids,the kids for been just that,by god what type of upbringing did you have where everything has to be so harsh,why dont you just let up a little.

look i know there are frustrations in life and it seems to me yours are well n' deep.
if you are trying to impress the stig let me tell you(wanna be hottie) i've floated that boat in the past and trust me with a gal of your sailing experience,will find yourself rockbottom and smelling /feeling very fishy.

don't cod yourself!! this is not the time or plaice!!!

meath_pinky

arses are for sitting on not for licking!!!!

In agreement I dont understand how Londis can charge 20c more for a loaf of bread than Costcutter. Now I know I have vast wealth (kindly donated by my father) but I am still concious of petty theft. This is a crime Stig. You need to help the caped crusader fight this heinous activity and root out the evil that becomes our quaint, idyllic village.
to brucie baby nice to see you to see you not!

how dare you,nice to see you have come back after licking your wounds,you are a clever foe,keep your friends close an your enemies even closer,so now your trick/gameplay is to befriend the stig,oh my foolish friend dont fall into that trap.he will give you a false sense of security let you reveal your true self and then reveal you to everyone,but hey you are not doing a bad job of that yourself,now from years of experience i know how to deal with this man/individual,how dare you wanting to get back in good favour with your neighbours to presume after reading a posting or two on this website to think that you will gain all our favours by trying to align yourself with popular people,that this will help your popularity!!!

let me just tell you this i have a degree in life,where did i get this degree in the college of life,trust me if you keep going the way you are not only will you be in the remedial class your next meal will be fed to you thru a drip!!
life is for living come on bruce kick up your heals an live it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if indeed it is not already too late.

cejg

Pinky,

I did not think parents allowed their children out at nightime. maybe I am wrong but I always thought kids should not be playing on their toys after , lets say, 11pm. So apologies for thinking a child may not be on their bike when I am driving down my road at midnight. How silly of me!! I am far from stupid, all I was wondering was why people don't take them in at nightime. You can think about that when you drive over a bike cos you can't see it right beside the back of your car when you are reversing late at night.
Ps. 'ABANDONED TOYS' means NO KIDS on them or around them. Maybe next time, try reading my post more carefully, before you go accusing me of being stupid, when all I was saying for the safety of drivers and for respect of the childs belongings, they should be brought in. Its not that hard!

GREAT NEIGHBOUR

Dont think so

Stig i wasnt aware that this site was for bad mouthing people. Do you know that is call slander and it is an offence.. And i can say i have never had a problem with getting my change in the shop.

But I do have a problem with the waffle that you come out with :)

GREAT NEIGHBOUR

Thanks

Thanks david. Nobody minds a bit of a laugh but when it comes to slagging somebody off who cant even defend themselves because they dont live in the estate well that gets on my wick.

ps Stig it all well and fine to speak of your own experiences (even thought we dont really care how much a slice pan or a pint of milk is) but can you not do it without saying who the other person. And I would love to know why you sit around with other people talking about the "worker in the shop" have you really nothing better to do with your life???:confused:

meath_pinky

take a chill pill.

Pinky,

I did not think parents allowed their children out at nightime. maybe I am wrong but I always thought kids should not be playing on their toys after , lets say, 11pm. So apologies for thinking a child may not be on their bike when I am driving down my road at midnight. How silly of me!! I am far from stupid, all I was wondering was why people don't take them in at nightime. You can think about that when you drive over a bike cos you can't see it right beside the back of your car when you are reversing late at night.
Ps. 'ABANDONED TOYS' means NO KIDS on them or around them. Maybe next time, try reading my post more carefully, before you go accusing me of being stupid, when all I was saying for the safety of drivers and for respect of the childs belongings, they should be brought in. Its not that hard!
how dare you, write in capitals to me missy, anyhow i accept your apology and will hear no more on the matter.

cejg

Pinky,

Pity you didn't pick up on my sarcasim. Won't waste any more of my time trying to talk sense to you:p

meath_pinky

anyone for an alka selzer?

how dare you, dear david just saw the message you left and one has to ask the question, what in gods name is going on with ya boy lol, do you not have a sense of humour? obviously not) lighten up my sad neighbour dont be so harsh, name calling is just childish which leads me to the conclusion that you are,
a) in need of getting out a bit more,
b) have no friends,
c) are probably a complete idiot,
im gonna pick c im just a great judge of character lol,
in regards to your drink comment again read the options above, although i do wonder why indeed you brought this up, is it yourself david who has the drink problem, i dont recall bringing up the issue of alcahol in any of my comments, hmm very strange indeed, anyways i will leave it alone obviously you have issues one which lying on a black couch and getting charged by the hour could resolve, good luck with that, something tells me you,d be there for quiet some time, oh and next time you post a comment elaborate a bit more as your comments are slightly just slightly weak. lol,.

meath_pinky

Pinky,

Pity you didn't pick up on my sarcasim. Won't waste any more of my time trying to talk sense to you:p[/QUOte
how dare you, my dear girl or chap(very hard to tell) you were never talking sense in the first place, and as for your sarcasim i think its extremely amusing you think you have such a thing, lol.

refboy

I have to completly agree, the amount of toys abandoned on this estate is ridiculous, I wonder when one of these 'TOYS' do cause damage to a car will anyone claim it, reason I say this is that it is a legal requirment that objects left on the road that causes damage to a vehicle is the owner of the objects responsibity to pay for the damages.

Well Tony o sorry i mean stig how is Mary these days does the neighbours still not like her... i wounder why that is .... ah sure its all just a laugh stig
sorry to burst your bubble but its tony here from 15 the commons and im not the stig. If you can read you will know the stig stated he didnt run a car shop or have anything to do with cars! you all seem to talk about him bitching and her bitching and all you do is bitch about everyone, but this is my first time on the website and its just alot of people talking noise and getting their facts incorrect *yawn*

P.s Wel done to the Stig on your identity!