Just bought my house...

janouse

Hi All.
Only discovered this site today and am delighted to have found it.
I've just recently bought a house in Castlemartyr and will be moving in over the coming weeks. My question is, can anyone advise what the renting potential is like in Castlemartyr? I may decide to rent a room in my new house and was wondering if there is much of a need for them? I was thinking with the new hotel opening soon that there may be renting opportunity what with staff needing accommodation...
Any comments will be welcomed.

Thanks

newie

Welcome

You should have no probs renting. I know Gort an Oir are getting between 800 - 1000euro a month for a 3bed semi a month a room en-suite should make 300euro.

cork_mark

Welcome janouse, another factor that might make renting more popular in the medium term is the rail link to Midleton, bringing Cork closer for a lot of people. Further down the line, Amgen will be a huge employer when it starts up in a few years, only 15 mins from here.

janouse

Thanks for the response all. It seems there is a lot happening in Castlemartyr in the coming months/years. Looks like I've bought in the right spot!

abrown15

Hiya janouse - have you moved in yet? There is much happening - big thing is the Centra!! Then one day we may even get a by-pass for the village too!!

Welcome to Castlemartyr!!

janouse

Still waiting on my keys but as you can imagine, getting very excited now.
Should be in in a fortnight I'd say. Fingers crossed.

janouse

sorry Newie, haven't checked in in a while.
I can honestly say, I'm delighted with life in Castlemartyr.

Would like the road through the village sorted out though!!!!!!