Green bins

Lazare

Folks, can you please put some sort of weight or brick on top of your green bin when leaving it out.

For the second time in a row I've had to spend a half hour cleaning someone else's rubbish out of my garden and from the road.

It's nobody's fault, just that the green bins are too light, please please put a brick on top.

The place always looks a kip on green bin collection days.

Mags01

Green bins and high wind

Yes, I also picked up loads of waste around our road, this is not the first time this has happened. The place was in a total shambles after that high wind. The best thing when its windy is not to put the green bin out overnight but to wait until the next morning - though I know when you are rushing out to work it can be difficult:confused:

kdservices

I have just been on to SDCC asking about a backlog bin collection. They say there will definitely be a bin collection between now and next week more than likely on Saturday but they will text me to give me more details. I will post the actual date here when I get it. In the meantime, could anyone who's bin is not closed properly take excess refuse out as I have so far had to clean up rubbish from a neighbours bin twice due to crows pulling it apart and in fairness, the lid was only slightly open.

spoons

Folks, can you please put some sort of weight or brick on top of your green bin when leaving it out.

For the second time in a row I've had to spend a half hour cleaning someone else's rubbish out of my garden and from the road.

It's nobody's fault, just that the green bins are too light, please please put a brick on top.

The place always looks a kip on green bin collection days.
Maybe our refuge removal company could provide a locking device e.g some sort of clip or clamp . Clamp for the lid not the wheel lol!!!! just an idea?

spoons

hi,

i think the green bins got a right ole battering wednesday morning i had to get out and move 2 off the road 8am. i know some people in work at this stage but when people get home please clean up rubbish outside your own dwelling as it had the estate in and awful state... if i get out of my car or come out of the house and see an empty carton of milk or whatever i pick it up this estate has enough problems without being littered with rubbish.

i am going to ring thorntons this week and ask for some clamps for the bins as i don't even think a brinck would have held them down on wednesday morning. i'll let people know what they say.