Gangs

imported_kevin

Its that time of year again and I suppose we're going to get the gangs gathering around the estate and we'll all blame youths from outside the Estate but if you'd care to have a close look you'll find out its youths from our own estate that causes most of the mayhem and the reason for this is they're parents are consistently telling them "not outside our house" so it seems its ok for the anti-social behaviour if its not outside their front door marvellous

imported_kevin

kevin

I really think its time some of the parents in the estate took responsibility for their children before they develope and grow to more serious criminals I think we've had our fair share of them over the years

Cead 1

Youth Amenities

Our young people here in Lanesborough need youth activities and amenities. There is no community centre for a burgeoning population here in Lanesborough. Summer brings idle hands for many young people, and yes, parents need to know where their kids are going and not leave them as latch door kids. This leads to gangs forming and research shows that these are the signs of degradation of an area and community. Effective action may need to happen before the problem exacerbates. Parents need to focus!

dublin11_liv

Youths of today

I totally agree there is nothing for these teenagers to do the Builders keep get planning permission to build these new homes and are not supplying facilities for the area. Of course the kids are going to be sitting around our homes and outside shops because there is no where else for them to go apart from the park. There is old waste ground in front of Lanesborough Grove MIl Factory is there at present could the management commitee not contact Fingal County Council and find out what happening with this area and suggest these kind of facilities are badly needed in this area not more apartments/ houses/shops.