Free Tv is it possible

mmmm €12 per year for free Tv....my last apartment have Conway Tv and they charged a once off fee of €100 connection and an engineer came out to set up everything. They also had cheap broadband with no month contract.

€12 a year is far less than UPC charge for their basic package which is over €300 and that doesn't include HD channels.

The €12 (total per year) is for maintenance of the satellite equipment. i.e. to cover call-outs if the satellite is misaligned/rusts/loose cable etc.

Sky Conway provided a quote and were by far the most expensive in the long run. There was an installation charge of €100 per apartment and they normally charge anything from €10 to €20 a month on top. I assume it was a mistake if they didn't charge you any monthly fee.

I rang them myself 04886763771 . They said if i wanted free to air tv it is a once off payment of €100 and I asked regarding maintenance they said there is no maintenance charge. They said the only monthly charge is if I go for their unlimited 20mb package which is €27 per month and no contract to sign.

There is no necessity to have a maintenance contract but it might mean being without TV for a couple of days if the satellite gets knocked out on a Friday evening. There could also be sudden costs involved if a dish needed to be replaced.

I'd say in your last place, the management company owned the sat equipment and the maintenance was covered by management fees. The €100 you paid Conway probably covered a call out of one of their guys to connect a cable in the control room. Pretty expensive if you ask me given the proposed installation in Richmond Hall will cost about €30 per apartment. It would be covered by management fees so if you are renting there would be no cost at all.

There is no necessity to have a maintenance contract but it might mean being without TV for a couple of days if the satellite gets knocked out on a Friday evening. There could also be sudden costs involved if a dish needed to be replaced.

I'd say in your last place, the management company owned the sat equipment and the maintenance was covered by management fees. The €100 you paid Conway probably covered a call out of one of their guys to connect a cable in the control room. Pretty expensive if you ask me given the proposed installation in Richmond Hall will cost about €30 per apartment. It would be covered by management fees so if you are renting there would be no cost at all.
Ok I see your point but can we ask both Companies to the AGM then we can decide on the night? Also let companies compete and ask them for better pricing maybe we can get it even cheaper. Also can we put in a Hotbird system for Eastern European channels , this is a big plus if you rent your apartment.
One more question with this other company is there a charge for someone to hook my apartment up to free to air as I have a upc plate on and I know satellite signal does not pass through it.

Hi,

I had tv through the Ntl unit in the wall. It has now disappeared, was this free with the apartment as was mentioned above. Was i meant to be paying for this or has everyone got it? Has anyone else been cut off?