DigiGate, still paying?

M&S

Is anyone in Belfry Hall still paying DigiGate? If not are you still able to get Sky through the communal dish?
Im still paying them (although i know its a waste of money as i have Sky).

I'd be afraid to cancel coz if they notice they can just turn off your signal and you would also loose Sky.

As soon as we (the owners) get the communal area legally signed over to us Digigate are gone, sadly its just one of those things thats taking forever!

M&S

Im still paying them (although i know its a waste of money as i have Sky).

I'd be afraid to cancel coz if they notice they can just turn off your signal and you would also loose Sky.

As soon as we (the owners) get the communal area legally signed over to us Digigate are gone, sadly its just one of those things thats taking forever!

M&S
Thanks for the reply, good to know Im not the only one. Think Ill risk cancelling it, sure if Im cut off I can always reactivate the dd. Im here four years so Ive paid them €864 simply to use the dish... too much of a piss take...

Can you shed any light on why the handover is taking so long?

BrianBru

Possibly because ODPM are useless. I've lost count of how many times i've called them, left a message for them to get back to me, and then they don't. So i call them again. Same thing. Worse than useless at times.

Agatha

I called Sky re connecting to them and I was told that new company took over connecting to Sky in Belfry Hall - Electro Plus.

I called Sky re connecting to them and I was told that new company took over connecting to Sky in Belfry Hall - Electro Plus.
When you call Electro Plus they will tell you to set up a €18 per month direct debit with digigate so you can receive Sky through the communal dish. You will then have to pay the regular Sky fee also. In fairness i think Sky is great value for money. Digigate on the other hand are simply a scam company who found a sneaky way of milking €18 per onth from Apartment owners.

Still cant belive management company/residents comitee havent sorted this issue. Sky will install a communal dish for FREE...

BrianBru

When you call Electro Plus they will tell you to set up a €18 per month direct debit with digigate so you can receive Sky through the communal dish. You will then have to pay the regular Sky fee also. In fairness i think Sky is great value for money. Digigate on the other hand are simply a scam company who found a sneaky way of milking €18 per onth from Apartment owners.

Still cant belive management company/residents comitee havent sorted this issue. Sky will install a communal dish for FREE...
Well, considering Digigate where a sub company of Laragan Developments, who where a sub company of Hanley, the whole complex was a money milking scam.

Julesconn

Hi sorry new to this site can I ask if anyone else tv connection went on 24th Oct. My digigate went but my Sky is still ok. I tried to get Digigate but was told they are no longer in operation. Is there something I dont know?

thanks

dec76

Hi sorry new to this site can I ask if anyone else tv connection went on 24th Oct. My digigate went but my Sky is still ok. I tried to get Digigate but was told they are no longer in operation. Is there something I dont know?

thanks
The analogue signal was switched off on the 24th, is it possible that didigate was broadcasting using an analogue signal?

Dec

M&S

Digigate went bust back in June/July this year....probably knew they couldnt upgrade their systems for the change over and i never thought they made much money in the first place!

Glad to be rid of them to be honest!

you probably have noticed by now that your DD to Digigate stopped around June/July so what ever channels you are getting (seems to be the UK ones) you are getting for free.....happy days!

i have already raised this issue with ODPM as another resident cant get RTE etc even with a Saorview Box.

ill post once i get a reply from ODPM.

M&S