Damp in Wardrobes

Square1

Hi guys

I have people living in my apartment for six months and they are having a problem with damp in the wardrobes. specifically finding mold on shoes etc. Has anyone else had any problems with damp?

Thanks!

Ronald

Hi Square 1

I have a someone living wity me, who has this problem in the wardrobe, however it doesnt happen in my room. I open my window as mush as possible. I dont think the person living with me does, so I think opening the window will sort it out.

Square1

Thanks Ronald

I have a ground floor apartment so this isn't really possible unless you are in the room. It's quite worrying that our new builds might be suffering from Damp. There will be a call going into the builders from me! I'm going to be back in the apartment myself in a couple of weeks so will get it sorted then.
It's an annoyance though that isn't needed.

dublin15_Pam

damp

Hi All,

Just a suggestion, get back on to the builders and get them to come back out as it could be that there has been no insulation put in the walls, and they are meant to be fully insulated, in all the walls.
This happened to my friends mums house when she bought hers. And was suffering awful problems in the main room from mould and damp. She had to throw out 100's worth of clothes etc because of this.
When she got someone out to look at it, they said that the builders never insulated the house fully and that there was none in the master bedroom.

Don't let the builders get away with this. Its your right to have this sorted. And they are being well paid to recorrect this for us.You've paid enough and waited long enough to get in to your homes.

Really frustrating trying to get through to the builders at all :mad:

Square1

Thanks Pam,

I most definitely intend to do this. Its difficult because I'm not at home at the moment. It doesn't seem to have happened in my room because it's next to the other apartment, the other room is much worse - it's an end unit. I know there was skimping on the development so nothing would really suprise me, I've had huge problems with plumming and leaks too. I'm just going to have to get the place dried out until I get back in a few weeks and then get the guys in. Are the builders still onsite do you know?

Thanks!

dublin15_Pam

damp

Hi Square1

What i was told about this damp was that the vent in the back of wardrobes wasn't put back in and the chimney wasn't completely insulated, and she only had it in one room too. it totally destroyed 100's worth of clothes and had to buy a new bed. Plus paying 1,500 getting someone out to sort this problem.

yeah the builders should be on site. or at least close. Because i'm still waiting on to move into mine. and we were told that they were doing something with the eSB and then i have heard that there's some dispute going on. So the have to be still on the site, as when i spoke to them today. They said that they were trying to make some sucess in trying to get most people in before xmas. Now whether that true or not i don't know. i am not getting my hopes up at all. i say it'll be march if anything is to go by. how slow they have been.

So they definitely are on site. But don't expect to hurry up and get back to you. but don't let it go at all, make sure you keep hounding them to fix it, as you have paid enough for it.