Council taking estate in charge

milkyway

Hi there,

Just got the letter from SPM asking for the management fee for 2011. I wonder, what is the policy of South Dublin CC on taking in charge of housing estates. Has there been any application sent already or maybe we have not started the procedure yet? I only became a resident of this estate last year, so I would appreciate any information about this topic.

fatfrog16

Hey there,
I can tell you for 100% SDCC wont be taking charge of Hansted anytime in the near future. Aparently there is some kinda list the council have with estates that are close to being considered and we are not even on it !!. I will let you know when the next meeting is aswell the rest of the committee have a bit more info on this topic

milkyway

Hi there,
I've tried to find out more about that topic. First my neighbour gave me an email address of a girl called Julie, who is a member of the residents commitee. I emailed her 3 weeks ago asking for some details about the Taking in charge procedure, but I have never received any answer from her.
I also contacted SDCC asking the same question. Just got an email from the Land Use, Economic and Transport Planning Department. According to the email they are not able to publish the policy on the web yet, cos' some documents referred to within the policy are being finalised. I was told the full policy with all the documents and forms is intended to be published on the web next week.
Fatfrog or any of the 139 people, who viewed this thread so far: I would really appreciate, if you could give me any contact to someone from the residents commitee, who knows exactly where we are with the whole procedure and if we have actually made an Taking in charge application.

fatfrog16

I believe SPM have this information. As far as I know the application was put in years ago but McInerneys (original builders) needed to submit some paperwork on the sewage systems for our estate and as they are in receivership I doubt this is going to happan anytime soon .

I would give SPM a call to verify though. Iam on the residents committee but there has not been a meeting in quite some time due to peoples other commitments. I will put this to Julie for you and post back asap

milkyway

Thanks for the reply. I will contact SPM as you suggested. I was also sent Taking in charge policy by SDCC. Now I just need some spare time for reading it.
Happy Easter to all Hansted residents! Enjoy the great weather!