Clamping? Ugh..

princess pepper

It a question that needs to be put forward to the committee and the managment committee to declare any conflict of interests that may exist and also it would be seen as best practice for members that have a relationship/family member within the selected company to declare this interest. Also the mangement company should be asked to decribe the competitive tendersing process that is in place to select contractors for the site and declaring commissions or benfits received as a direct result of the contract been awarded.

I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling from the current management organisation however I do not have a lot of experience in dealing with these. Howeve the fact that SAP debt was allowed to esculate to that extreme of a position is not a glowing reference. The matter should have been stopped either by agreeing a repayment plan with the creditor or disputing the debt. either way I suspect we are incurring legal fees now. I feel that the threat by SAP to liquidate was extreme given the cost and time it currently taking to get a case into the commerical courts. But my gut says this was not managed in a timely manner. the result is legal costs are incurred and more funds flowing out of the estate rather than been used for its up-kept

N7Runner

Have been reading through post,I've paid my managment fees and dont agree with clamping in our estate. I've noticed some signs have been taken down. Same dog owner (commitee member) still letting dog out to poo where young children play and never cleans up after dog pooing,got lovely photo of owner and dog in action,will be bringing it to next AGM.
I was wondering is there a household member? or member of commitee? part of the managment company? or clamping company? because this would be a conflict of interest.
Hi Barbie

Just wondering if you have any ideas about fee collection. I am not a big fan of the idea of clamping either .. but went to the meeting and couldnt think of any better solution ... Surely we need to use this discussion to come with allternative ideas rather than giving out about the committee. Sorry, but I dont think the first part is relevant to this discussion - I think I saw a different discussion which deals with that. Not sure about conflict if interest but it was not brought in just for the sake of it. The estate is in a serious amount of debt.

N7Runner

The current management company took over from the previous one which was set up by builders and charged much larger amounts for maintenance. As far as I aware, the previous management company let the debt build up - not this one.

paperchain

Sorry for the late reply folks.

Keep in mind that Apcoa will not be managing the parking within the estate - this is purely a method to encourage payment of managment fees.

JD can you explain above I'm confused about this bit that Apcoa will not be managing the parking. Many thanks.

spoons

Against against against

the issue of parking in this estate does not warrant CLAMPING being introduced. If it is such an issue the site where the "creche" was supposed to go could be used for parking. you see the real reason clamping is being introduced is a bullying tactic and scare mongering people into paying their management fees.

We all understand that these fees need to be paid but i think the fees that were acceptable in 200/2006 are no longer acceptable and more time should be spent discussing were fees can be lowered etc
the fees that are being looked for in realtion to duplex's are extortionite.... ask any duplex owner and they will be hard pushed to tell you what they are paying 1200e per annum for????

all these managment companies were set up in the BOOM with no regulations and now more than ever we need some control on these.

i think an emergancy meeting needs to be held to let EVERYONE have their say.

as someone asked would you expect your neighbour to pay your esb bill when you fall on hard times this is not a very valid point as with all the bills some of which are overdue coming through people's doors i think putting food on the table and paying mortgages take PRIORITY over overpriced management fees.

thank god for the likes of amanda and caroline who have helped the people in the estate that are not in the CLIC have some sort of say.
If this clamping goes ahead and we as MORTGAGE HOLDERS not RENTERS are TOLD how long people can visit us for??????? where will this bullying end.... next there will be a gate at the enterance and a curfew enforced!!!!!:confused:

i do not think that some people should be carrying others in relation to fees but i do think we need to look at fees as a whole and having some compassion for people who genuinely cannot afford these high fees.

Avid merrion

One positive that seems to have come out of this is alot
More people now seem interested in the running of the estate or what happens in it

There still have not been many other suggestions for other ways to try come up with ideas to generate the fees needed

Have been talking to friends who live elsewhere about it and some have told
Me that places where they live had threatened to cut water off to homes amongst other ideas

Am not suggesting this should happen for one second am just saying what's happened elsewhere

I feel genuinely sorry for people who can't make ends meet I do I know how hard times are, but it's not the choice of the management company or the committee to introduce fees we all knew when we bought our houses

Talk Of a clique is laughable to me considering people were invited to have there say and proxy forms were available for people to vote

Anyway as u said alot
More seem interested now so I'm sure there will be great attendance from
Now on and some great ideas to help us all as afterall it's our estate and we should all be in this together

I think we should all try work together instead of name calling and the like - having a go at people who gave up there own time for meetings and so on most of us never bothered to attend

spoons

Against against against

here's my suggestion for getting people to pay..... lower the fees! especially duplexes and apartments......they are not justified end of... i am not debating the fact that we all need to pay management fees and that this was part of the agreement when we purchased our homes, but as i said fees that were acceptable in 2005/2006 are not longer reasonable to ask people to pay.....

we were informed that an emergancy meeting would not be held in relation to the clamping WE ALL are the committee and the management company we are residents thats laughable seeing as an issue which people are feeling so strongly about is not being addressed.

all this has done is alienated people more and turned people against paying fees even more and caused a serious divide within the estate.

CLAMPING CARS etc is not the answer!

i guarantee if a meeting was called now everyone would attend so why can't we do that?????

spoons

forgot to add- we have always attended AGM's. this year we couldn't as there was a family emergancy and we were away most of that week-

newman

Thanks princesspepper

Know exactly what the post meant now.
Sorry, I was reading the conflict of interest part together with the dog part which led to me being majorly confused!! Bur makes perfect sense now. Cheers

N7Runner

The committee is trying to reduce the fees! The main reason for the high fees is insurance. The reason the insurance is high is because so many claims have been made. You're legally obliged to insure your home but until more insurance companies will even quote for this estate there is little that can be done on relation to fees. This was all outlined in the AGM. My understanding though would be that it's possible to work something out with the management company if it's not possible to pay in full.

spoons

Against against against

i still do not know where this whole "insurance" point of view is coming from? so because so many claims have been made mostly from flooding in apartments out front? duplexes owners and apartment owners are taking the hit??? how is this fair big difference between 200e a year for a house and 1200e for a duplex.

would it not be possible for each block to organise their own building insurance if this was the case what services would we actually be paying for i wonder????

also are you aware the excess on the building insurance policies is 1500e? so if duplex owners were to pay their 1200e a year and needed to claim basically whats the point in building insurance?

it is not a case of pay these fees because we have to that is not good enough anymore the fees must be justified and affordable. the only service i see in this estate is some guy who goes around with a leaf blower once month???????? steps are falling apart houses not being painted and upkept yet we have money for signs and new contracts with apcoa.

may i add we are paying by a payment plan but only so our insurance and sinkage is paid .....

superfloss01

suggestion

Hi All thanks for the support its great to read all the normal people's threads.

Suggestion- wondering if we might set up our own committee, reduce the appartments fees by half yes it is possible!! (an I live in a house) Might send around in the next few weeks a new committee memebership, see what other residents might like to improve their estate- need to find out how much is needed and divide by all in the estate which in turn would be alot more harmonious , after all we are neighbours- need to ascertain how to get rid of Brian Phelan and co as he is the first for the chop - this is not the only estate, Property Access has introduced clamping as a form of debt collecting. Will be in touch and yes I agree- people really are struggling with money a fairer deal is needed – Apartments can get insurance between €450.00 to €600.00, additional €260.00 its still nearly half of what is expected at the moment - local employment for young people is needed- Not management Companies. Let the previous MANAGEMENT COMPANY go to the wall after all what's new in todays environment-

I still have not placed my permit in my car nor will I adhere to Brian Phelan of Access Property who walked around this estate with his little folder with his little permits and his little threat - how many christmas pressies is he receiving from business he has taken on to complete work in our estate!!! nope don’t think i will entertain him at all.

Lets see how it goes, Clamping followers can have their own committee. Vote against the clamping where is it? ps I have a doggie must get an indoor toilet for her and see how that goes too!! hopefully the picture you have of a dog going to the toilet is not mine (she is black)!! Cheers take care xx Amanda O Shea.

superfloss01

PS lets have a full list of the people who made claims in this estate and lets inform everybody of it - it would not be long before that practice would stop!! x ps not the serious ones just the ones who would need a bit of deep heat after a fall - xx

committee

i still do not know where this whole "insurance" point of view is coming from? so because so many claims have been made mostly from flooding in apartments out front? duplexes owners and apartment owners are taking the hit??? how is this fair big difference between 200e a year for a house and 1200e for a duplex.

would it not be possible for each block to organise their own building insurance if this was the case what services would we actually be paying for i wonder????

also are you aware the excess on the building insurance policies is 1500e? so if duplex owners were to pay their 1200e a year and needed to claim basically whats the point in building insurance?
The reason that duplex / apartment fees are so much higher is that their building insurance is included in their fees, this is not the case with houses.

committee

Hi All thanks for the support its great to read all the normal people's threads.

Suggestion- wondering if we might set up our own committee, reduce the appartments fees by half yes it is possible!! (an I live in a house) Might send around in the next few weeks a new committee memebership, see what other residents might like to improve their estate- need to find out how much is needed and divide by all in the estate which in turn would be alot more harmonious , after all we are neighbours- need to ascertain how to get rid of Brian Phelan and co as he is the first for the chop - this is not the only estate, Property Access has introduced clamping as a form of debt collecting. Will be in touch and yes I agree- people really are struggling with money a fairer deal is needed – Apartments can get insurance between €450.00 to €600.00, additional €260.00 its still nearly half of what is expected at the moment - local employment for young people is needed- Not management Companies. Let the previous MANAGEMENT COMPANY go to the wall after all what's new in todays environment-

I still have not placed my permit in my car nor will I adhere to Brian Phelan of Access Property who walked around this estate with his little folder with his little permits and his little threat - how many christmas pressies is he receiving from business he has taken on to complete work in our estate!!! nope don’t think i will entertain him at all.

Lets see how it goes, Clamping followers can have their own committee. Vote against the clamping where is it? ps I have a doggie must get an indoor toilet for her and see how that goes too!! hopefully the picture you have of a dog going to the toilet is not mine (she is black)!! Cheers take care xx Amanda O Shea.
Amanda can you please provide the quotes for the best market prices taking into account the claims history & we will certainly look into it.

spoons

The reason that duplex / apartment fees are so much higher is that their building insurance is included in their fees, this is not the case with houses.
i am well aware of the fact that duplexes and apts are higher but why so high? we pay 160e for contents and was told 200e for building so where is the extra 840e for serivces going? we pay by payment plan yet our steps are falling apart and paint off the walls so what is the point? i don't see clamping cars will rectify this it's just bullying we need to address the real issues!

but why if you haven't made a claim are you still forced to take a hit if you live in a duplex or apt and not the houses? i understand that being in a duplex or apt you have to pay a little extra due to sinkage etc but 800e for apts and 1200 for duplexes is not justified end of!

jammydodgers

Paperchain

My apologies for the late reply, given that this thread had gotten somewhat heated I felt it better for my own mental health to stay away for a while. :)

Basically this means that it is not within apcoa's remit to clamp cars which are double parked / taking up two bays etc.

I urge every single member of the Management Company (i.e. all the homeowners within Newcastle Manor) to familiarise themselves with Managed Estates generally, there is a group Apartment Owners Network, who are extremely helpful & informative and also impartial. here's a link www.apartmentowners.ie.

It is aparent that there is a lot of confusion surrounding the different entities / their (and your) legal responsibilities etc from reading through this thread.

The board of directors and the managing agent are more than happy to answer any specific questions anyone may have surrounding any aspect of the running of your management company. Please e-mail us at residents@newcastlemanor.ie. with your queries, particularly if you feel there is something untoward going on. I will not be entering into any further discussion on this on the internet as I feel the discussion has become nasty and is bordering on the slanderous.

Avid merrion

I must say i fully agree with whoever posted earlier about it been disgusting of anyone who lets the dog do its business and does not clean it up afterwards bearing in mind all the kids around who play on the grass, i dont have kids myself by the way