Car Parking

meath_fifi

Moderator (Killegland Hall)
Hi Paul

Have you moved into you apartment yet? If so whats the management company like? My place is meant to be ready end of Novemeber.

Cheers Fi

pcroke100

Hi FI

No I haven't moved in yet. I'm told the end of Nov. Considering it was supposed to be ready "early" this year..
I'm glad you mentioned the lack of appliances in your apt. I bought a 2 bed and didn't hear anything about appliances, so Icalled sherry fitz and they said appliances are included in the 2 bed. I very nearly bought it all.
Paul

meath_fifi

I am in no hurry to move in anyway as I am living rent free with the boyfriend so the longer the better for me. Its a bit disappointing that the 1 beds don't get the appliances, that really adds on to the cost of the place.

Do you know if you have a nice view from your apartment. I got a top floor one but I think that I am going to be facing out onto another apartment. I had a bad exp on a ground floor apartment once so I was taking no chances second time round- the only way is up!!

pcroke100

.....And the longer it goes the more valuable the apt.
I'm bottom floor looking onto the playground and green area.
I know about the safety issues living on the bottom floor though.
Paul

meath_fifi

Yeah exactly, I bought my 1 bed for 210K and they estate agent says it would easily sell now for 245K thats nice!!

I lived in a lovely apartment complex, ground floor duplex, huge, with own huge private back garden also. The only problem was it was in Finglas West, you would litterally have a gang of about 8 girls leaning up against your front door smoking joints.

The bedrooms were to the front, it was an absolute nightmare, I only managed a year and then for my sanity I had to sell the place. To be honest, I don't think you going to have any of that carry on in Ashbourne. I know a lot of kids hang around the town centre but they are nothing like the kids I encountered!

pcroke100

Mine is on a corner at the end of the laneway, if I get any of that carry on I'll be fairly quick to nip it in the bud. I can be fairly presuasive..
DO you have any idea how much the management fees are going to be?
Mine was €197'500. I have seen them for sale in the local estate agents for €260 furnished, but I wouldn't imagine they spent much on the furniture though. Paul

meath_fifi

I am not sure, I have been told that the property management company is going to be Cula Property Management but not sure of their prices. Although you might as well budget for at least 1000per year.

Oh my god your apartment was only that for a 2 bed?? Bloody hell I was so ripped off, I know its the top floor and all that but its only a 1 bed. I think I put my deposit down back in March/April.

One of my mates friends apparently bought a 1 bed for 200k and he was told that he was getting appliances. I need to investigate this further!!

meath_fifi

oh I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee god have you been living at home with the mammy ever since!!! Are you from the area originally? I am from Bray, emigrated to the Northside and then decided to move back to the country!

pcroke100

HAha, well considering I'm 42, living with the ma would be a bit sad. From Clondalkin, living with my partner Olga for the last 4 years and we've bought the apt together. Dublin's just out of my (and most peoples) price range now.
€1'000 is horrific money for management eh! Paul

meath_fifi

Ah thats alright then! My boyfriend lives in Ashbourne, Brindley Park so I am just staying with him until my place is ready, although we have gotten engaged so I might not be that long in Killegland Hall!! might just sale after a year.

Dublin is affordable if you don't mind living in a not great area. I got my apartment in Finglas on shared ownership with Dublin City Council, I was only 22, had no savings and managed to do it all on my own so it can be done.

Stuck it for the year, made a a nice 42k and then took my money and ran (very fast!!). Its what I recommend every young person to do.

Don't speak to me about management companies! Paid 1200 for 1 for one year, never saw them once, never spoke to them once and had to arrange for my own rubbish to be collected!!!

Maria 3

Hi there! does anybody knows how does it works with the parking spaces outside in the inner yard where there is the sign of euro car parks? the sign says that only cars with valid permit are allowed there so out of curiosity I checked the website of eurocarparks.ie but I couldn't find car spaces in Ashbourne to book on their website. basic point is that I am buying an apartment in Killegland Hall but me and my partner will have two cars and only one car space underground, I also know that there are visitor parking spaces underground but anyone knows if it is possible to rent another assigned spaces from the management company? thank you everyone in advance for the answers (hoping there will be some :p)