Can anyone who is living in a house help? Please (pyrite inquiry)

quaidox

the estates are pyrite damaged, it's obvious from the pavement cracking throughout the estates. get on the scheme and get remediated before the fund is pulled by successive governments....

Allanoard

the estates are pyrite damaged, it's obvious from the pavement cracking throughout the estates. get on the scheme and get remediated before the fund is pulled by successive governments....
It direct
It doesn’t work they way- as if you just get on to the pyrite resolution board and off you go!

You need to get a soil sample tested for pyrite concentration ( in the UK)
And your home has to have severe damage measured on a scale supplied by PRB.
If you don’t reach certain limits on the PRB Scale, even with pyrite, you won’t be accepted on the scheme. Full stop

Like I’ve said before,if I can be of any assistance or help. Just contact me anytime.

Cheer

quaidox

allanoard i have completed all those steps you mention in the above post, sorry if i trivialised the process...and yes if anyone wants any more info, feel free to pm me too....

quaidox

cheers for sharing the link, and for what it's worth, the cracking in our house is nowhere near like what is shown in the pic accompanying the article....

shemaf

i know the house you are talking about, seen the work going on, assumed it was just renovation work. worrying..... i got the house tested by home bond for pyrite damage a few years ago and it got the all clear, can it take years to show, and can we assume the whole block of houses is built using the same materials, so if one house has it, we all have it??
Hi, what kind of testing for pyrite did you do the first time? Did they took a sample of your foundation? Thank you.

quaidox

you need to get an engineer that is qualified to do the initial test. This is a visual test only. If you get a damage level of 2, you can apply to go on the scheme. Only then will a bore test be carried out by the housing agency on the pyrite boards behalf. And they do not bore test every single application, usually only once per estate....which has already been done in cityside, in my house..

shemaf

you need to get an engineer that is qualified to do the initial test. This is a visual test only. If you get a damage level of 2, you can apply to go on the scheme. Only then will a bore test be carried out by the housing agency on the pyrite boards behalf. And they do not bore test every single application, usually only once per estate....which has already been done in cityside, in my house..
Thanks for your reply. When you say a visual test, this is like a structural survey?

quaidox

yes, by a suitably qualified engineer, takes about 2 hours, i say visual, as there is no bore test at this stage, just an engineer with rulers and spirit levels, big ones....

shemaf

Hi, thanks for your reply. Sorry, but I have few more questions. Please be patient:)...how many years after the visual survey did you have your pyrite testing done? And what made you do a pyrite testing? I have cracks in my house, and had a structural engineer look at it. And he said, the only way to know if it’s caused by pyrite is to have a bore testing and to lift my floor boards.

quaidox

the first part of the process is to get the house/apartment tested for pyrite by an engineer qualified to do pyrite testing, if they are qualified to do this, they will know what to look for, a bore test is not needed to prove the presence of excessive pyrite in the hardcore under your slab. contact aoca.ie about it. i did the test because a house near me got pyrite tested and remediated.