Cable

emmajean

Hi
I hope this site takes off. It seems to work really well for other neighbourhoods. I'm due to move in soon and one of the many things I need to organise is my cable. Can someone please tell me what company serves the area whether it's NTL, Sky, Chorus or maybe another crowd altogether?

Looking forward to chatting to some neighbours soon!
Cheers

Roxette

Hi EmmaJane, im living in the Coneyboro about 6 months now. When we moved in we could only get Sky but we recently got flyers in the door saying Chrous was available. From my own experience i would recommend Sky over Chorus as there is a much better selection.
Any other questions dont hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get to know some of my neighbours.

emmajean

Hi Roxette
I was actually on to Chorus recently as I didn't think Sky would service the area. Chorus have advised that they hope to have digital in the area in the next few months. So just in case you're ever wondering about changing over at least Chorus will have a better selection in the future.
Can I ask you, do you have an alarm and if so did the on-site electrician do it for you? I was told by one of the builders that if I go with the guy on site he charges about 500 euro. Not sure if that's a good or bad quote.
If there's any other tips or advise you think I should know I'd appreciate it as I'm new to Kildare altogether.
Cheers

Roxette

Hi again,

That quote sounds about average. We got ours through ABC Alarms in Carlow & it was €500.00 also. They only thing i'd say is make sure you get all the electricians details so you have a comeback if anything goes wrong.

Theres not much else really i can think of, there were flyers handed out about forming a residanrs association so im heading to that tomorrow night.
The whole estate was having problems with water pressure but the past few weeks things have been fine so fingers crossed it stays that way.

If ya think of anything else dont hesitate to get in touch :)
Rachelle

emmajean

Thanks!

Thanks a mill for that Rachelle. If anything important comes up at the residents association meeting would you mind letting me know? Hoping to move in to my house around mid-July. I'm sure once I'm in plenty more things will come to light! Especially considering I'm new to the whole area. You might regret offering me assistance! :eek:
Thanks again.

kildare_Michael

Moving to Coneyboro

Hi there,

I'm thinking of buying in Coneyboro. Im from Dublin. I was looking for some honest opinions on the estate and what life is like down there. I know its a new estate but has there been any problems. I'd greatly appreciate any replies about the estate and life down there.

Also, I would be commuting by train to Dublin. What are the trains like ?

coneyboro

Thanks a mill for that Rachelle. If anything important comes up at the residents association meeting would you mind letting me know? Hoping to move in to my house around mid-July. I'm sure once I'm in plenty more things will come to light! Especially considering I'm new to the whole area. You might regret offering me assistance! :eek:
Thanks again.
www.freewebs.com/coneyboro

this is the coneyboro residents association website please feel free to visit