Broadband in the Watermill

Beetlejuice

Has anyone verified whether they can receive Broadband in any of the Watermill blocks yet?
If so, what speeds are you getting?

Glyn

Moderator (The Watermill)
Broadband

Hi Beetlejuice,
We will be getting Broadband, one year free from Irish Broadband. We can't get a wireless connection as far as I know. The builders have contacted them about connecting us up. IB say they can only install Monday to Friday 9-5. So I think they're just going to drop the modems into the builders for us so we can install them ourselves.
Hopefully we'll get them soon. If we keep the pressure on them we will.

Glyn

Broadband

Hi All,
Good news on the Broadband front. We got our box on Saturday everythings working. I wasn't sure if it would be wirless but it is. 2Mb download, 1Mb upload, 56kbps.
If you haven't received your box yet talk to Damien (foreman), he has one box for every apartment.

TheBruce

Hi All,
Good news on the Broadband front. We got our box on Saturday everythings working. I wasn't sure if it would be wirless but it is. 2Mb download, 1Mb upload, 56kbps.
If you haven't received your box yet talk to Damien (foreman), he has one box for every apartment.
Hi Glyn

What do you mean wireless, like 1) you don't need to plug anything to the phone line and by-pass Eircom/landline, or 2) just wireless between the modem and PC?

If 1) how is the reception? Reception for mobiles is very bad at my end because of something Liberty homes put in the concrete mix for the walls. I wonder if it would affect a purely wireless-no-landline connection rate.

Thanks

The Bruce

Glyn

Broadband

Hey The Bruce,

It's just wireless from the modem to the PC, so the walls don't affect it. Every apartment has one line for phone, one for the modem.

You just need to plug in the box and register with Irish Broadband, and hey-presto, the web is yours!:)