Best pint of guinness

Beanie

Moderator (Bradogue Court)
Hey - lets kick off with the most important question - where can you get the best pint of guinness in the area? Within walking distance!

My vote goes to Walshes in Stoneybatter.

MOJH

Beanie said:
Hey - lets kick off with the most important question - where can you get the best pint of guinness in the area? Within walking distance!

My vote goes to Walshes in Stoneybatter.
Snap, it's the whole package too. Great barmen. Tipp people I believe.

Beanie

Are you from Tipp?

My brother in law was down there one night and got into a debate about hurling (he's a galway man) and he came away convinced that EVERYONE in the pub was from Tipp.

Beanie

I'm not.. I'm a Yella Belly.

And it'll be a while before anyone from wexford will be discussing the possible fortunes of wexford hurling!

Gar K

Alright there lads
Can't agree more by the way on your hostelry of choice
Has everything for the perfect place to enjoy a pint
Not fond of the black stuff myself but I can recommend the heineken
Another pub worth a try is the Homestead (or Kiernan's) - it's up past the Statoil if you go from our place and cross over the new cabra road, beside the bingo hall.

newkid

Beers

Smyths also gets my vote! Still haven't found a better local.

Don't drink Guinness but if you feel like going a bit further afield, The Porter House in Phibsborro is a really nice spot. It is walking distance but it depends how much you enjoy walking! Nice surroundings, nice atmosphere and as well as brewing their own beers, they also stock many from other countries. I'm quite partial to their cherry beer, Kreik Boon, but it's not for everyone I'm sure.:)