Apartment Alarm going off for hours

belfry_paulo

Anyone know who to ring about an apartment alarm going off for hours now...
The alarm in Block A has been going off since 5pm. We called the management company who said there was nothing they could do, this happened a few months back, same apartment & when we rang up the management company asked us to knock the door and make sure no one was home!
If its not the management company that have the contact details for the apartment then who do we call?
Also, should apartments not have alarms put in that go on silent after 45 mins or so, or at least have someone that can respond to them?
Its very irritating for other people living in the apartment block!

M&S

Hi there,

My alarm went off there about 2 years ago. It was late (about 2 in the morning) and I got a phone call about it at the time and then a few days later I got a letter to remind me that I should have the loud alarm set to stop after 20 minutes as per the house rules:

“Not to affix or maintain an alarm on the property which causes or is liable to cause unreasonable disturbance to other occupiers of other Residential Units. Any alarm so affixed or maintained must contain a facility to automatically switch off after 20 minutes. Please furnish the Management Agents and at least one of your neighbours with the name of a keyholder who can be contacted in the event of alarm activation. Alternatively, you could leave a key to your apartment with an owner who lives in the block. It is common courtesy to ensure that your neighbours can take action if your alarm activates. “

I know we have a new contact person in ODPM, maybe you could ring again and request that a letter be sent out to the offending apt!

M&S

belfryresi

Alarm going off constantly in Belfry

Anyone know who to ring about an apartment alarm going off for hours now...
The alarm in Block A has been going off since 5pm. We called the management company who said there was nothing they could do, this happened a few months back, same apartment & when we rang up the management company asked us to knock the door and make sure no one was home!
If its not the management company that have the contact details for the apartment then who do we call?
Also, should apartments not have alarms put in that go on silent after 45 mins or so, or at least have someone that can respond to them?
Its very irritating for other people living in the apartment block!
This has been driving us crazy too, it goes off at night too and on occasion early in the morning.

We've also been trying to find out who is responsible to complain to but coming up at a short end.

As far as im concerned it should be the management company, and if not then the council but everyone seems to want to pass the problem on to someone else.